Old 06-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
JPTolson

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Canoe and kayak rentals???

Does anyone know if there are any places to rent canoes or kayaks on any of the lakes/rivers remaining on this year's trip schedule? Or would there be any places near Youngstown/Salem that would rent a boat and allow it to be taken to a nearby lake/river? After a very quick check, it wasn't clear if any of the retailers listed in the Links section of the TCT website had rental boats. Thanks.

JP
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
mfdanko99

Not to sure of any in Trumbull or Mahoning Counties, but over at camp hi near hiram you can rent canoe's and kayak's.
Up near Rock Creek Ohio there is also a place that rents, but only on the grand river.

If you need an extra canoe,or kayak let me know. I have the 17 ft canoe, and two kayaks.

mike
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
JPTolson

Ok, that's good to know, Mike...thanks very much for the information and for the offer....

jp
Old 06-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
clipper1

Default canoe rentals

JP,

Don't have one you can rent but I do have a solo wenonah rendevous you can borrow, it's kevlar with plenty of rocker and it is set up for kneeling or sitting. It does have a current registration though I have not used it in over one. Yours for the asking, maybe you can let Ed borrow it, as he was interested in purchasing a Royalex one.

Rich
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #5
JPTolson

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper1 View Post
JP,

Don't have one you can rent but I do have a solo wenonah rendevous you can borrow, it's kevlar with plenty of rocker and it is set up for kneeling or sitting. It does have a current registration though I have not used it in over one. Yours for the asking, maybe you can let Ed borrow it, as he was interested in purchasing a Royalex one.

Rich
Thanks very much, Rich, but I was asking for a couple that I know who expressed interest in coming on one of the club trips, and then another mutual friend would paddle with me in my canoe. A couple of other folks in the club mentioned they had canoes I could also borrow, so I think I can probably arrange something. A number of folks are banging on me to come over to the dark side and become a butt boater.

Missed you on the Mahoning today. We had a good turnout ? 16 paddlers ? although I had to cut it short mid-trip due to an early evening commitment.

Hope to see you on the river soon.

JP
Old 07-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #6
elledee

Default kayak rentals near Lake Milton??

Hi all--glad to have found this forum! I am up visiting from the Gulf coast of Florida--no oil on our beaches yet-- and will be at Lake Milton for a couple of days and am having a serious kayak withdrawal! Have been searching for a place to rent a kayak for a couple of days, and have not had much luck except for the Hiram location. Am just wondering if there are any updates to rentals in the Youngstown area??

And if you are ever in the Naples area, look us up, Paradise Coast Paddlers Club, a loose-knit bunch numbering 400 or so, with impromptu trips all the time, in addition to planned outings into various areas around the state, from the 10,000 Islands to mangrove swamps, the Everglades, and various rivers. Naples Kayak Company, formerly Saltwater Sports, has several rental sites with decent rates...great staff, too!

Thanks in advance for any help in locating a kayak to rent--I got it bad!! (Will be away from my computer--pls call 406.223.7934--thx! Laurie)

Last edited by elledee; 07-03-2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: forgot info
elledee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
LT721

Millcreek park in youngstown has two different lakes you can rent from. The one closest to Fellows Riverside Garden isn't big but it is close to the Garden, hiking, Lily pond, and the view from the Garden is beautiful.
LT721 is offline   Reply With Quote