Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2023, 10:56 PM   #1
ScotsGuards

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Conemaugh Sojourn registration is now open

Conemaugh Valley Conservancy Sojourn: June 1-4
From Johnstown to Apollo, Pa. on the Stony Creek-Conemaugh-Kiski Rivers.

To Register: Go to the Conemaugh Valley Conservancy page on Facebook and follow the link for Sojourn Registration. (I just noticed the link is still noted as 2020 in one place but it's for 2023. I'm sure they'll fix this typo as some point.) Conservancy membership is not mandatory but it may save you a few $$$ if you are registering as a family for multiple days. They're a very active and effective organization as well.

As noted you can do any number of days as you wish. Thursday has the most challenging water course followed by Friday's run. Saturday and Sunday are a pretty laid back paddle. All four days feature some of the most beautiful scenery you'll encounter.

Overnight camping is onsite with the Sojourners or if anyone wishes they may camp at our place. I will be staying at one location while Judy stays at the the other. We just need to know who wishes to camp where. There will be showers at some locations on various days. There will also be lists of hotels and campgrounds with amenities on the Sojourn itinerary when it is posted.

Judy and I will be updating this thread as details develop. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us. We hope to see as many of you there as possible.
ScotsGuards is offline   Reply With Quote