mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Tionesta Camping

Tionesta Camping-Alleghany River -Trip Leader Mike Danko

Place- Out Flow Camp Ground 308 Outflow Rd, Tionesta, PA 16353
Time- Friday Night - Sunday Afternoon

http://www.lrp.usace.army.mil/Portal...staCampMap.jpg

If you copy and past this link you will find a map of the Corp Army camping areas at the base of the damn.

By using the outflow campground we will be able to set up by each other with any equipment we may have(RV, Popup Campers, & Tents)
It is a first come first serve area that doesn?t take reservations, but early in that week I can call and give them an idea how many we have and they will help us out.
Cost-12 dollars a night and it is primitive camp sites (no electric or water)
We can have two tents per site cutting the cost in half and allowing more people to come if need be.
There are a total of 40 sites in the Outflow camp ground and again first come first serve.
I will should arrive by 7pm Friday night and will bring wood for a fires.

As for the Trips- Saturday I would like to use an outfitter and go up stream and paddle back to Tionesta. (still working the kinks out for this one)

Sunday- Do a shorter paddle and set up our own shuttles and go from Tionesta to the Village Canoe Launch in President PA. 6 Mile paddle.

Then pack up and call it a day.

Any questions please email mfdanko99@yahoo.com
Or call 330-766-3129
__________________________________________________ ____________
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
jimbo

Looking forward to it! Going up on Saturday morning.
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
richpinky

Campers,
See you there Friday night I will be leaving Y-Town at 4 pm. Will be bringing my canoe and paddling sole unless someone wants to paddle with me. Just look for the red truck with the red canoe.
See you at the campground,
Rich A.
richpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
mfdanko99

Talking

What a great weekend we had camping in tionesta. Rich Allen, Ron Ells, Jessica and myself made it to camp on friday and Jim Bozdog made it early Saturday morning.
On Saturday we Paddled 15 miles from Tidioute Pa to Tionesta. We have had a nice current and saw several other paddling as well. We stopped and had lunch at West Hickory bridge.
Very peaceful and great senic views to make the paddle great. But Jess and I had to add a little excitment. As you enter tionesta there is a nice set of wave. They didn't look like much but they were bigger than I thought as the first wave swept jessica right out of the canoe and I almost safed it but it flipped me over as well.
The Old Aluminium Canoe took some damage and we did some patch work to keep it a float for Sunday.

We found out that the Tionesta Creek was running (2.5ft usgs) so on Sunday we put in at Kelletville Campground and had the perfect float down to Nebraska Bridge. The current was great and we saw so many eagles, hawks, deer crossing the creek, and so much more wildlife.
The views from Tionesta Creek and paddle was much better than the allegheny in my eyes.

Great weekend, perfect weather and great paddles and great friends to share it with.

Mike Danko

Last edited by mfdanko99; 06-24-2014 at 10:59 AM.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mfdanko99 For This Useful Post:
jimbo  (06-24-2014), Lee3553  (06-24-2014)