Old 08-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Clarion - Ridgway

Some friends and I will be in Ridgway at Lazy River Outfitters next Friday, the 10th, for some fun. Camping in town that night, then shuttling on Sat. morning down to Hallton and spending one night on the river finishing on Sunday.
We will be biking Friday on the Clarion - Toby trail.
Might be able to make the Foxburg run too! That might be too much fun in one weekend!!

Last edited by EAR; 08-07-2018 at 07:34 AM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Another nice weekend on the Clarion River. My friends and I managed to paddle 27 miles on the river from Johnsonburg to Irwin Run with one night camping, pedal 25 miles on the Clarion Toby Creek Trail to see the famous swinging bridge, and do a tour of the Straub brewery in nearby St. Marys. Try to do that if you are in the area, if only to visit the " eternal tap" and sample (test?) the different beers. I tried all 5 on tap and bottle of a new seasonal ale to boot. It's free! Tour and samples! Also, a small gift shop with Straub gear.
Couldn't make the Foxburg run as we were going by Emlenton about 3:30.