Old 02-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #11
paul isaac

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I am interested in paddling, i thought I sent this reply 8 hours ago sorry. pH # 724-730-6351.
paul isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #12
paul isaac

I put my bicycle carrier on my roof rack and will plan on peddling back to the put in.my phone 724-730-6351.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:30 PM   #13
swampboy62

Well, it looked like a great level for East Sandy on Sunday, but my neck was giving me too much pain to consider paddling. Sat around most of the day with the heating pad on instead :(

I did get on Beaver Creek from the mill to the group camp at Sprucevale early on Saturday though. Water level was a bit lower than the last couple of times, but I was able to get some surf on the wave there at about 780 cfs (short video clip on youtube if anyone is interested - search for 'Beaver Creek Ohio surf').

Paul, I'm sure you got out on something Sunday with the water levels up just a bit. Was it good enough for Scrubgrass, or did you head over to East Sandy?

Waiting for the next rain event - although the temps the upcoming weekend are supposed to be in the 60's. If the water level drops down low enough I might try a lower Slippery Rock Creek run (if my neck or any of my 100 other injury remnants don't speak up). Anyone interested, post up and we'll try to formulate a plan.

Steve Z
swampboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:52 PM   #14
paul isaac

I didn't get past the Big Neshannock. But I got on a stretch of the creek i hadn't previously paddled. I dropped my bicycle at the bridge in Millburn and started in Coolsprings creek behind the Mustang bar on route 58 in Mercer county. I was quite a bit surprised by the volume of water flow. If and I think it probable that there are riffles all were washed out save the ones above Hopes Mill. I was able to negotiate approximately 6 strainers that had i been in a recreational boat I would have definitely portaged. Some because of turns more a spin and a couple with low clearance. After passing route 258 the scenery was all wooded and seemingly fairly remote. The bicycle shuttle was mostly route 19 a designated bicycle route and passable. It's always good to get out and double that on new water even if you don't find compelling reasons to return, but I wouldn't bet against my paddling that section again. I think less water would be preferable it i will take what I can get.
The Following User Says Thank You to paul isaac For This Useful Post:
swampboy62  (02-15-2017)