mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Lake Wilhelm

Lake Wilhelm Trip Leader Steve Preston

When- Sunday August 13th

Where- *519 Lake Wilhelm Rd, Sandy Lake, PA 16145

GPS 41.420410 -80.155055

· * (GPS for exact launch site 41.418990, -80.148914)

Time 9:30-10 am

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Lake Wilhelm at Goddard State Park in Mercer County, PA

We will gather at the Marina boat launch between 9:30 and 10:00 AM. No shuttle will be involved so we want to depart about 10 AM. We will be going on a round trip heading north to start.

***This is a flat water paddle so it will be excellent for all skill levels including beginner and first timers so please invite them all to join us. Some kayaks and canoes are available for rent at the lake marine concession (Rental price is a bit steep).

***We will be traveling about 6 miles total. Binoculars and cameras will help. We should see bald eagles, ospreys, cormorants, great blue herons, Canada geese, and various ducks, kingfishers, hawks, seagulls and crows at the least.

***Directions are easy. Take I-80 to I-79 north, Go north on I-79 two exits, Turn left on Route 358, Just across the bridge you will bare right (Brown sign for Goddard State Park), Follow this road to crossroads, Turn Right and follow to lake. Marina will be on right before crossing the causeway, Turn into marina drive and go straight all the way to the back and boat launch is back there.

****Couple of extra things of interest are:

**The Music at the Marina Festival will be ongoing featuring, Live music and vendor’s. It is located right around the corner from the put-in.

**Goddard State Park has (I my humble opinion) the nicest bike trail in NW PA. It is a 12 mile loop around the lower lake and runs right by the put-in. This trail is paved and has curves and hills and bridges going thru fields and woodlands. If you like to bike maybe bring bikes along also for a double outing.

***Websites to visit for more info:

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...auricekgoddard

http://friendsofgoddard.com/music.html