TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Headwaters Park

Headwaters Park/East Branch Reservoir

When- November 11th

Where- 13365 Old State Road (Route 608), Middlefield Ohio, 44062

GPS- N 41? 30.314 W 81? 6.103

Time- 11 AM

Trip Leader: Jessica

The trip is starting at Headwaters park, which is part of the Geauga County Park District. The reservoir (East Branch Reservoir) is the start of the east branch of the Cuyahoga River. Please note that Headwaters Park has two entrances. You want the entrance off of Route 608 (Old State Road). The entrance off US 322 does not connect to where we are meeting and does not have a boat launch. When driving down Route 608, the sign for the park can be hard to see. The park entrance coming from the south is just past the dam, and across the street is a (closed) golf course. When coming from the north, you will most likely see the bike trail/crossing signs first. The driveway is just past where the bike trail crosses the road. Once you turn into the driveway, do not park in bike trail parking lot but rather follow the road back until you see a sign for the boat launch. Follow the boat launch signs around until you see the boat launch and the boathouse. Once you unload your boat, you will need to move your car over into the parking lot to make room for others to unload. The paddle length will depend on weather, how far the group wants to go and will be decided that day. It is a reservoir, so if you want to turn around and go back you can do so at any time.

The park has a bike path, hiking trails, fishing and camping. For anyone interested, Mike, Rich & I are camping Saturday night. The camp sites are $10/night for non-Geauga County residents and $5 for Geauga County residents. Please email (flagsracer9@yahoo.com) or call/text me (440-479-6187) if you are camping so I know ahead of time who is coming. I can also reserve your spot for you since it will only be $5/night if I put it under my name. The park does not have electricity, running water or showers for the camp sites but they do have vault toilets.

Any questions, feel free to contact me. flagsracer9@yahoo.com or (440) 479-6187

Directions:

From the Northeast-

Take Route 11 South to the US Route 322 exit. Turn right towards Orwell. Continue on 322 until you cross the reservoir. After the reservoir, you will come to a stop light. This is Route 608 (Old State Road). Turn Left and the park will be a few miles down on the left.

From the Southeast-

Take Route 11 North to the Ohio Route 87 exit. Turn left towards Middlefield. Continue on Route 87 (Kinsman Road) until Route 608 (Old State Road). The intersection of Route 87 & 608 is in the center of Middlefield. Turn right onto 608, and the park is about 3 miles up the road on the right.

From the West-

Take OH-87 to Middlefield. Turn left onto Route 608 (Old state Road). The park is about 3 miles up the road on the right.
flagsracer9 is offline   Reply With Quote