Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Mahoning River 8-4-13 Youngstown

Mahoning River threw Youngatown

We will be starting at the B & O Station in Youngstown (530 Mahoning Avenue Youngstown, Ohio 44502 GPS 41.102040, -80.657502) At 11AM For our trek down the mighty Mahoning River. We will take out just south of the bridge in Lowellville OH (439 E Water St, Lowellville, OH 44436 GPS 41.035367,-80.533629)

We will meet at the Station and drop off all equipment and run the shuttle to Lowellville.

Once we hit the water we will encounter three main rapids in the first section. Right at the beginning we will have Marshall St Bridge Rapid ( small class II), then the wave train (class I) and then rebar rapid (class I+). Once we get to industrial street bridge we will break for lunch and do the shuttle around the Struthers Damn with chucks truck and trailer. Once we put back it is a very scenic paddle to Lowellville with some ripples and a nice current. Once in Lowellville we will paddle threw the last two rapids. The first is the Lowellville dam (Class I+) and then the old coffer dam (class I+) then make a sharp left for the pull out.

In total this is a 10 mile paddle from the B & O to Lowellville.

Remember to pack a lunch.

Chuck Miller & Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote