Old 02-27-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Snowball Run March 21st

Western Pa. Paddle Sport Asso.(WPPSA) will hold their annual Snowball Run down Slippery Rock Creek on March 21st. The Plan: meet at Rose Point Campground 10am, rain snow or shine. They will paddle from Camp Crestfield to Kennedy's Mill. This section is rated class 1, moving water, maneuvering required. If you wish to camp, they will be having a pizza party on Saturday night with a slide show of Bert Martin's recent hike on Appalachian Trail (he did the whole thing). There is a $7 charge. Another run will be held Sunday but they don't decide where until Saturday night. (after swilling many drinks I'm told).
Sounds like fun. I'm going to try to attend. If you want to go let me know.Rose Point Camp is off of rt422, near the Harly Davidson shop. More info, contact Paul at wind.water@juno.com
Old 03-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Hey Folks! You missed a good one on Slippery Rock Creek. The WPPSA had a great turnout of 30+ people on this run. Nice early season creek, I can see why they get a big group. Swift flowing but not difficult, the level was down and you could get hung up on a rock if you didn't watch, and none of them were slippery,hmmm. About an 8 mile run.