Old 04-21-2009, 12:12 AM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Upper Clarion April 25th & 26th

Sorry to get this out late, but we were debating where to go! Looks like upper Clarion starting at Portland Mills and ending at Heath Station. 18 to 19 miles. We were going to go to Clear Creek,(24miles) but it's closed for remodeling.The lower has been great, but we need a little change and Rich and Tom have not done this section. Call or mail me if you want to go.Tenative Plan: Meet at Portland Mills early 25th. Paddle about 8mi., camp on the river. Finish up next day with a 10 mile paddle. Drive home happy. Get ahold of me if want more info. Ed
eartt16@aol.com or leave message here.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

We(Jim, Tom, Rich, and I ) had a great weekend. Nearly perfect weather for April, a little windy at times, but very nice! All you canoe campers and yakpakers, this is a nice overnight run. Many campsites in this section. Jim and Rich have a few pictures that may get on. One of the nice things about these early season runs is that there is plenty of firewood around yet! In August it's a little harder to find. Again, a nice trip on the best section (I think) of the Clarion.