Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
wardie

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Punderson Park Overnighter

Heading to pUNDERSON pARK FOR AN OVERNIGHTER sATURDAY AND sUNDAY. cAMPING, kAYAKING, cAPTAIN mORGAN..HEY THE GANGS ALL HERE:)

fEEL FREE TO STOP BY CAMPGROUNDS OPEN. wE'RE LISTED UNDER cARL vATH.

lARRY WARD AKA wARDIE
wardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
wardie

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Punderson update

My buddy and I arrived at Punderson State Park (PSP) around 11am and drove around to find a good site to pitch the tents. PSP is like like many of Ohio State Parks where they have a long nice paved driveway next to the camping site presumably to put a trailer. After half an hour we found a site that had two sections of turf , flat and capable of holding bigger tents. I brought my Eureka Timberline 4 and my buddie some kind of Coleman tent. We were on the water by 1pm and fished and kayaked the entire lake till 5pm. I caught a decent largemouth bass and he got skunked. This lake has a maximum depth of 57 feet and many spots just off shore are 20 feet. The lake runs north to south and we had a pretty good headwind coming back so we hugged the shoreline best as we could. If you like little fish (and I mean little) like Sunfish and Crappie this might suit you but I had hoped of catching several bass. I do catch and release but only released one :) Camping for two tents was $26 a night with electricity (didn't use any electric) which halved isn't bad. Nice shower facilities and firewood was 4 bucks a bundle unlike the 20 bucks at Bolivar a couple of weeks ago. Surprisngly PSP allows you to bring you firewood. I guess the Emerald Bore Worm scare is over? At the end of the month I think we're going to try and do LaDue Lake. Looks better for fishing and their are a couple of islands we can paddle to and get out and do some exploring. A good weekend kayaking and camping. Wardie
wardie is offline   Reply With Quote