Old 05-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
RonEells

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default weekend of May 11-12

I will be at Breakneck camp ground at McConnellsmills State Park this week end to kayak on slippery rock creek. arriving saturday morning 9am at main parking lot. see whomever then! will wait til 9:30 then will be on the water! Ron Eells
RonEells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
mfdanko99

Ron, how dod the weekend go? Sorry I couldn't come out, just not a good weekend for me to get out.
Hope you had fun, and lets us know how the water was
Mike
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
debra witowski

Red face May 10-11 weekend

Well I had a great weekend. I kayaked Pa Grand Canyon by myself with the water up. I had my sea kayak loaded down with camping gear. I didn't get on the water until almost 7pm and you have to paddle 5 miles before you can camp. I saw about 7 kayaks and canoe on my way to camp, all swamped, they were open boats and were not expecting the waves. I just leaned on the paddle and did the 5 miles in 45 minutes and had my camp set up before dark. The next day I dressed for the waves with a dry top and stayed nice and dry until at the end while getting out of the kayak I rolled over. Yes, on the boat ramp. I had left dry bike clothes with my bike. I then biked back 17 miles before the storm hit, the car was only 1 mile away at that point. when I got back to my nice warm car, I realized that I had not left dry clothes in the car. Woolrich has an outlet on the way home, I now have a very nice camping outfit.
debra witowski is offline   Reply With Quote