Old 07-22-2023, 08:23 PM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Clarion River Overnight, Aug 17, 18, 19th

This is a trip some friends and I do most years, and I thought we should invite you all along this year. We go up early to avoid some of the river traffic.
We are going up Thursday early morning. A couple of us are riding the 18 mile bike trail, and a couple more are getting a shuttle up to Johnsonburg and float and fish back to Ridgway. Thursday night we walk into town to eat. Friday morning, do the shuttle about 10am, that gets us on the water about noon. Float down past Portland Mills and camp Friday nite. Finish the trip on Saturday at the Halton take out, about 20 miles total.
Although low this time of year it is generally floatable with a lightly loaded boat. you only need enough stuff for a night.
Camping is available at the outfitters (limited) For Thursday night and a new campground about two blocks away from the launch site that is run by the outfitter. Go to Lazy River Canoe Rental website or facebook to get more info on Mills Campground.
I'll post more info closer to the trip.
any
Any questions, call / text (330-432-7316) or email eartt16@gmail.com

Last edited by EAR; 08-13-2023 at 09:08 AM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 09:16 AM   #2
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

If anyone is planning to come up for the overnite camping part of this trip, you will have to be in Ridgway by 10am Friday to have your gear unloaded and get turned around for the shuttle at 10:30am. Let me know you are coming at one of the above contacts.
Looks like nice weather, and with a little rain coming the water level should be good making rapids X, Y, and Z funner!
I don't know why this trip is on the calendar as a 4 day trip, it's not. We should be done late Saturday afternoon

Last edited by EAR; 08-14-2023 at 08:04 PM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote