Old 04-17-2015, 07:36 AM   #11
KenM

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default One more KenM

I am planning to be there. Looks like great weather for a spring paddle. I will have to leave home early Satuday morning. About a 3 hour drive for me with a stop. My camp gear is in a pile on the floor right now but I need to go thought it and check.

What's the headcount up to now?

Ken
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:45 PM   #12
KenM

Default 35 pounds?

How could I possibly have 35# of stuff to haul in my boat ??

Maybe I could leave out the tent poles!
Old 04-20-2015, 07:40 AM   #13
zzrufus1

WOW!!! What a trip!!! We could not have had a better time! Thanks to all who attended for all of your experience and assistance. My brother and I had a blast! Can't wait for this trip next year! Perfect weather, perfect water and perfect company! From put in to take out and a great lunch on Sunday at the world famous Cougar Bob's tavern this was a trip I will never forget. I can't say enough good things about our trip...
zzrufus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:14 AM   #14
jimbo

Default Wow

What a weekend! Jim R, Mike De, Rich & Patty, Steve, Andy, Ken and myself spent two sunny days on the river and a night under the stars. The shuttle service had a time of it even going off road. As with all of our trips it was a group effort. Lots of stories and gear selection advice were told around the campfire. Andy had never kayaked before and used Mike De boat, he had a blast and was surfing the eddy?s. It shows how fisherman and paddlers can share the river. See you on the river next time.
Jimbo
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:14 AM   #15
KenM

Default Another Wow!

I had a great time. A good water level, perfect weather and a nice group of paddlers all came together for this trip.

I learned that my Hurricane Santee 126 handled very well with a 35# load. This was it's maiden voyage with camping gear loaded. And although all my backing gear will fit nicely, I will have to figure out a better method to pack everthing through a 9 inch diameter hatch opening.

After the paddle I took a ride along the river down to the Nebraska bridge. The views in the valley were very much wilderness senery and would seem to me to also be a premium paddle. At the bridge, It was ugly as the water had been 15 feet or more above the road surface. Everything covered with silt. I'm not sure how far upstream this goes when the lake floods.

KenM
Old 04-20-2015, 04:34 PM   #16
KenM

Default Photos added

I added a few photos. They are not in order. I will see if I can correct. The video will take a while.

Ken
The Following User Says Thank You to KenM For This Useful Post:
jimbo  (04-20-2015)