Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default New Fall Color Paddle

Fall Color Paddle 2.0

When- Sunday October 22nd

Where- Thomas Swift Metro Park 870 Benedict-Leavittsburg Road, Leavittsburg, OH 44430

GPS-41.239336, -80.917783

Time 12 noon

It is the end of October and the scenery is so pretty this time of year. Unfortunately the Shenango River is on the low side.
So on to Plan B.
I figured we try something a little different on a section we haven't been on in a long time.
A simple up and back, from Thomas Swift Park. The Mahoning is also at it's lower level and there very little current going up stream.
I would like to paddle 3 miles up river to the Riverview Golf Course and then come back to make a nice easy and very scenic paddle for the end of October.
This is a nice and easy paddle for all skill levels.

With the forecast in the 70's and no rain. With the up and back paddle I am going to stay and cook on the grill at Swift Park with the left over charcoal we have and left over supply from the club picnic. I will bring a pack of hotdogs and buns.

If you wish to stay for a make shift picnic please bring something and we will eat together.
Please Post what you will bring on the TCT form so we know who is bring what.

Please & Thank you
Mike Danko

On a side note the Shenango River Watcher are having there paddle from the PV Dam to Greenville on Saturday. That section is dam controlled and released at the PV Dam. The dam will be opening for the paddle and closing right after per the Army Corp.

The lower Shenango is controlled by the Shenango Reservoir in Sharpsville. Same river but two different ways of controlling it that can have very different levels.
Good Call Jim

Last edited by mfdanko99; 10-16-2017 at 08:42 PM.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfdanko99 For This Useful Post:
jimbo  (10-17-2017)