Old 07-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
b4evercountry

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Two Trips on Beaver Last week

Hey all,

I havent posted since i joined and met a few people on here. Just thought I would share my paddles I did last week. Friday the 12th, We got in on 518 and went to Rt 7 (Myself, another kayak, and a canoe). Then Saturday Morning, we got in at the launch near elkton and went to the Main bridge in the state park (Myself, and a couple in a Canoe). Both trips were about 2 hr 15 min. The friday one took a little longer due to it being after dark. Bugs sure are bad with head lamps. Water level was nice, and you could see on the bank it was already down 3-4ft from where it was wednesday/thursday. Here is a map of the two trips, and as always, anyone who is interested in getting together on Beaver, just shoot me a PM!

Darren
b4evercountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
swampboy62

Sounds like a couple of good trips. Paddling in the dark is certainly a unique experience.

Took my 12 year old son down Beaver Creek this Saturday morning for his first 'whitewater' kayak experience. This was the first time he was in a whitewater kayak with a skirt, on a real 'trip' (we've had many, many other kayak experiences, including a bunch of safety stuff, wet exits included). He had a great time splashing through the waves - I think he may be hooked!

Quite a few boats on the creek Saturday. Must have seen at least 2 dozen kayaks at the take-out & put-in. Great to be able to paddle the creek during the summer.

Steve Z
swampboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
EAR

We had 7 more boats on Sunday with a water level @4ft and had a blast! Several first timers in some "real" rapids had a good time, but not without a few scares. Nobody dumped though. It was a rare treat to go down through this section in such nice weather without fear of hypothermia if you did fall in.
Seen at least a dozen other boats on the water too.
Ed