Old 05-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Redbank Creek

I still get out once in a while.
Spent last weekend on Redbank Creek and the bike trail that runs along side it. Friday and Sunday I did some riding and on Saturday a group of us did the 12+ mile section of river from Moore Rd. access area (about 4mi south of Brookville off RT. 28) to the town of Hawthorne. Very nice section of river. reminds me a lot of the Clarion. After the town of Summerville it's mostly wilderness with a few cabins and road crossings. Lots of little riffles and maybe two class 1 rapids in that section. The trip took 5 hours and it rained about 2 hours of that time. We found a bridge to have lunch under though. Water gauge at St. Charles was 4ft. Nice for a change of pace. didn't see any other boats all day, just a few fisherman.
BOBK  (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #2
BOBK

As a fellow bicycist I am always looking for new trails to ride. I would appreciate information on the bike trail as well....hilly? flat? paved? easy access? length?, etc. Thanks!
Old 05-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #3
EAR

redbankvalleytrails.org for a trail map. Also has access points for boats. It's a rail to trail path. Packed cinder trail. Scenic through the woods and passes through a few towns where a biker can find food and something to drink.

Last edited by EAR; 05-04-2017 at 04:02 PM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote