Old 11-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
flagsracer9

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Facebook Page

There was some discussion awhile ago about updating our Facebook group page. We finally figured out who is the admin of the page (Thanks Jodi!). It turns out Dustin was in charge of it all along, and not the person we thought. Since Mike doesn't have Facebook, we had Dustin add me as an admin for the page so we can update and monitor it without having to go thru him each time.

We are now working on updating it, and want to keep it current. We have left it so anyone can post and add photos, so please feel free to do so. If in the future we have issues with unwanted posts, we can change it but I don't forsee any problems.

Only 1 request: to avoid confusion and having to update 2 pages last minute in the event of a cancelled or changed trip, please do not post the actual trip details or make events on the Facebook page. Feel free to post brief reminders of upcoming trips saying to go to the website for more information or post reviews after the trip. We just want to keep the website as the main spot people look for the information about trips so everyone is seeing the same thing and last minutes changes, if necessary, are easily made. Thanks!
flagsracer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flagsracer9 For This Useful Post:
LWP  (11-22-2016), MarkinCortland  (11-29-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 09:55 PM   #2
outdoorxtreme1
Administrator

I'd like to make a suggestion to make the Facebook page even better. When I created it years ago, Facebook didn't have the groups yet. Currently it is actually considered a Facebook page and it is really hard to find the visitor posts on FB pages. If someone were to create a Facebook group and had everyone from the page join it then deleted the Facebook page, everyone's post would show up in the timeline. I think this would be a lot better. I am able to do this or if someone else knows how.
outdoorxtreme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to outdoorxtreme1 For This Useful Post:
Ambridger  (12-01-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #3
flagsracer9

Yes, I agree it is hard to see the visitor posts.

If we made a group page, can we make it so that non-members can see the page too? I don't really care if they can post, but if they can at least see what we post & maybe get interested in the club. The reason we wanted to update it was more to help draw in new members then anything since we already have the website for current members to chat, post pictures, etc...
flagsracer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 10:12 AM   #4
KenM

Default fwiw an example

I rarely use facebook so I can't really offer any constructive comments. It seems like these days having a "group" facebook page is a normal thing even if a club already has a website....more outreach. The TCT page I see now looks pretty nice to me but it does sound like there would be advantages to a "group" page.

I happened to see a facebook page for another paddling group and could offer it as an example of what someone else has done (good or bad). Don't know if there is anything worth considering here.

https://www.facebook.com/Morgantown-...5677667911876/

-Ken
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote