Old 07-26-2015, 10:20 PM   #11
Greyhounds2

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Beautiful Paddle

Thanks Mike for all your efforts setting up this paddle. Don't beat yourself up because things didn't go as planned and were beyond your control. Mark and I had a great time but had to get moving to get the critters done at home after a two hour drive. What a spectacular section of the Cuyahoga. We would love to go back on a less crowded day as this place should be a great habitat for birds. May see you at Lake Milton if Mark can get home early on Friday.
Greyhounds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:29 AM   #12
KenM

Default Photos added / Thanks Mike

A few photos have been added.

As always, we enjoyed the paddle on the upper Cuyahoga...and the company. Water level was about 2.1 ft which means plenty of water to paddle but not much current (not that this section ever has much current). After this 9-1/2 mile trip on mostly flatwater I expect that K & C weren't the only ones that felt like that they had a pretty long paddle. The extended lunch was un-expected but gave us some extra time to visit and by the time we got back out on the river most of the traffic was long gone. The Iron Horse remains the best place on the river to eat!

------Thanks to Mike for his work in leading and making the arrangements with Camp-Hi for this trip.------

Ken & Cheryl
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #13
mfdanko99

Red face

Thank you to all who came.
We had 21 boats with 24 paddlers.
The river is so pretty and peaceful to paddle. I really do like this section and the last two miles adds some nice current and has the famous Hiram Rapids and the nice little rapid at Camp Hi.
The only downside was the extremely long wait at Iron Horse Saloon. I felt bad. They knew we were coming but they had 3 call offs.
We all stayed together up to lunch.
Due to the long wait we did split up, in waves.
I was in the last wave of TCT Members that were 9 boats
I hope everyone had fun and Kendra at Camp Hi said we are always welcome at Camp Hi.

Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfdanko99 For This Useful Post:
jimbo  (07-29-2015)
Old 07-28-2015, 09:24 PM   #14
Ambridger

We enjoyed the paddle as well, just wish we didn't have to get up so early the next morning, otherwise we would have stuck-it-out and floated the second half after lunch. The Camp Hi folks were very nice about giving me a lift back to my car from the Slow Horse. I hope to get back up there to finish the paddle.
Ambridger is offline   Reply With Quote