Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2022, 07:57 PM   #1
Ambridger

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Tionesta Creek

UPDATE 5/29 Sticking with Tionesta Creek. See you all at Kelletville.

UPDATE UPDATE 5/28. THE GAUGE AT TIONESTA IS STILL AT 2 FT. CHECK BACK FORST THING IN THE MORNING FOR UPDATE. IT MAY DROP MORE OVER NIGHT

UPDATE 5/27: I will post tomorrow PM if Tionesta Creek or Allegheny River. I'm watching the weather up there and the river gauge.

Tionesta Creek
Trip Leader Mark Vallecorsa
When - Sunday May 29th
Where - Cougar Bob's Tavern 13685 Route 666, Tionesta, PA 16353
Time - 10:30 AM
Distance - 11 miles
Class I Rapids

We will drop boats at Kellettville, then commence our shuttle down to Nebraska. Cougar Bob’s Tavern sits at the Kellettville bridge (where we will launch) and you can use their address for way-finding … 13685 Route 666, Tionesta, PA 16353. The float down to Nebraska should be class I and will take us through the Allegheny National Forest. Be sure to pack a lunch, drinking water, and sunscreen.

In the event of low water, the back-up plan will be to float the Allegheny from West Hickory (launch at the end of the bridge – where 127 & 62 meet) down to Tionesta (take-out TBD … either at the launch across from the fish culture station or on Lighthouse Island). Meeting time will remain the same, and we will meet first to drop boats at West Hickory.

This should be a fun filled Memorial Day weekend, as the next day, Dustin is running a trip on the Clarion.

If you have questions about the Tionesta Creek / Allegheny River trip, feel free to call (724-601-9801) or text … I’m bad about checking voice mail and e-mail … I do see Facebook messages, but only at home (I’m still rockin’ a dumb phone).

Last edited by Ambridger; 05-29-2022 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Update
Ambridger is offline   Reply With Quote