Old 07-04-2023, 01:15 PM   #1
DustinSW1627

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default French Creek-Cambridge Springs PA

French Creek-Cambridge Springs PA
Trip Leader-Dustin Noel

When- Saturday July 15th

Where- 28367-28866 Miller Station Rd, Cambridge Springs, PA 16403 (no exact address for launch)
Very close to the intersections of Miller Station Rd & Pinewood Rd.

GPS 41.8102225,-79.9843204

Time 11 am

You are all cordially invited to paddle July 15th on the White Barn Paddle. You may ask “why do my children call this the White Barn trip”. Well we will be paddling on French Creek in Cambridge Springs, on the most winding section I have ever seen. The name comes from the fact that you paddle for over an hour and come around 5-6 bends to see the same white barn off in the distance. We will meet at Miller Station Bridge at 11am. Then shuttle the cars to the PA Fish and Boat commission launch at the end of Miller station rd. This trip has an easy 3 mile road for anyone that wishes to self shuttle by bike. We will stop for a snack about half way. There is a nice little ice cream shop in Cambridge Springs for those who might be interested after the paddle. Attached are the GPS coordinates for the put in and take out.
Put in
https://goo.gl/maps/xM7JVMeyifcfqp7m6

Take out
https://goo.gl/maps/VTmu25zcAN3wyqSZ7

Thanks Dustin Noel
Dustinnoel@hotmail.com
724-301-4751
DustinSW1627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 07:26 PM   #2
mfdanko99

Default Trip Leader

I talked to Dustin and he is unable to lead the trip on Saturday due to a death of a close friend.
Would anyone else be willing to lead the trip for Dustin?? I am unable to make it.
Mike
Old 07-10-2023, 08:07 PM   #3
JPTolson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdanko99 View Post
I talked to Dustin and he is unable to lead the trip on Saturday due to a death of a close friend.
Would anyone else be willing to lead the trip for Dustin?? I am unable to make it.
Mike
Mike,
I’m not able to lead the trip for Dustin as I am committed to attending a retirement party and I am still not able to transport my boat. But I’m getting closer.

JP

Last edited by JPTolson; 07-10-2023 at 08:19 PM.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:32 PM   #4
DustinSW1627

Default Sorry

I will not be able to make this trip But Mark and Jodi are planing to take over. Thanks and hope to see you all camping at Pymatuning. Dustin
DustinSW1627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 02:25 PM   #5
Ambridger

We did agree to lead this trip, however with that said, we are watching the weather and water level. Please check back late Friday PM for the "Go / No Go". Safety first!
Old 07-14-2023, 10:59 AM   #6
KenM

Default A long time ago...

It's been 35 years since we paddled this section of French Creek. That was an overnight trip. Early May I think. The first day ended with a major (scarry) thunderstorm about 15 minutes after we got to camp.
The next morning was about 35°. We set out paddling in sleet and wind! The trip leader had the foresight to spot a car about half way to take out. It was up a steep incline to road but we bailed out. It must have been a GREAT trip as we are still talking about it!

K & C were hoping to come. With a pit stop and food it's close to 2½ hour drive for us. Paddling in rain may not stop us but with a long drive (X 2) we are unsure. Groan. Will watch the weather. ---KenM
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 03:24 PM   #7
Ambridger

CANCELLED DUE TO THREAT OF STORMS: Sorry to have to do it, but this would be a 2 hour drive for us also, and there does not seem to be a good bail-out spot. I would rather paddle in snow than rain, and certainly not in a storm.