Old 11-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
JPTolson

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Vindy article on the Mahoning River

TCT,

There is a good article in the Vindicator today (11/20/11) on the Mahoning River that we should all find of interest. Emphasis of the article is on the contaminated sediments. Reader comments at the bottom of the article should also be interesting.

jp
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Well, it's hard to argue some facts, but the Mahoning is a great river for what we do.
I will admit I wouldn't eat a fish cought down stream of warren to the pa border, but I believe there is hope. Yes there is a lot of work that could be done, but reality is it will never happen.
One thing I know for sure up stream from Warren to pricetown there are more fish and wildlife then ever before. With the help of Earth Tech, a company in Cleveland; river odders we tagged in the section by Thomas Swifty Park.

Also for all who has paddle from loweville downstream admit there are parts were you can see the bottom which is clear and clean.
I wish these people doing the studies could hear from us and see how much we use the Mahoning.
I like to think it is our home river!!!
Since I have joined, and seen new people do the section of the mahoning threw Y-town and then Loweville down are so surprised on how green it is on the banks and quite and beautiful those sections are. Also being able to see some history of the river.

Mike Danko
ps Go Bucks! Beat the damn team up north!!!!!
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote