Old 03-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #11
onbohio

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Weather channel says 53 degrees with zero chance of rain.

What time are you leaving Mike? Danko.
onbohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #12
Dig68

Default Riverfest- Sunday June 8

Have been patiently waiting to do a river trip with everyone. So far it has been too cold, or too advanced for us newbies. The last 2 weekends have been so nice so we have practiced on our own a few times at Mill Creek park. Will this weekend's trip be good one for us to start? Do we just come down to the B&O at 10:30 or should we get there earlier? It will be myself and my husband Scot. My 17 year old son wants to come too, but we are still working on trying to find him a kayak to borrow. Have never been to the Riverfest. If there is something we could help with, just let me know.
Thanks, Donna
Dig68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #13
onbohio

The trip on June 8th would be a good one for relatively new boaters. If you are available to help out with Riverfest on June 7th we could use some help. You can contact me at onbohio@gmail.com or call me at 330-307-8206.

I might have a kayak you can borrow too.
onbohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #14
Dig68

Default RIVERFEST- Sunday June 8

Sent an email. We can help on saturday.
Dig68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #15
EEOLIVER

Default Mahoning River

Does anyone know if the Mahoning River is safe to kayak on from Foster Metro park to Rotary park? Last time we went this year in June, the water was very high and we ran into a large Strainer where we could not pass and had to stop the trip.

Also is there anywhere/anyone that rents canoes/kayaks in the valley ? We have some out of town vistors coming in and would like to take a river trip.

Thank you - Eli
EEOLIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #16
JPTolson

On July 20, we cut a narrow passage on river right through a river-wide tangle of logs between milepost two and three when the water level on the Pricetown gage was 3.5 feet. However, there is a second river-wide blockage (it was a large single tree) about a half mile down river from the initial logjam. There MAY be a way around this tree on the extreme left, but we didn't have time to cut a clear passage. We carried around the tree on the right bank.

Water level as of Tuesday evening (8/26) at Pricetown was 4.42 feet which seems to be a pretty beefy level. Whether it is a safe level, I don't have enough experience on that stretch of the Mahoning...Anyone else????Judging from the hydrograph, it appears they are releasing from the Lake Milton dam.

Last edited by JPTolson; 08-27-2014 at 01:33 PM.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JPTolson For This Useful Post:
EEOLIVER  (08-28-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #17
RonEells

Default youghiogheny paddle changed to the 21st

everything I posted on 9/2 seems to be missing from this site. I will be going to Ohiopyle on Wednesday the 17th camping at paddlers lane, any one wanting to come early I will be there. looking forward to the trip Sept21st. sunday
RonEells is offline   Reply With Quote