Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Little Beaver Creek

Little Beaver Creek is considered one of the more challenging trips on the TCT Schedule. For new members it can be a great learning tool and experience. For Senior members a trip down memory lane of great paddles of the past.
Know matter what Beaver Creek offers some of the best Senic Views in the state with two Class II Rapids, and countless class I ripples.
Beaver Creek was the first creek in the State of Ohio to become a State Senic and Wild River when the program started.

Little Beaver Creek- Trip Leader Mike Danko

When-April 26th

Where-12905 Sprucevale Rd, East Liverpool, OH 43920
(Beaver Creek State Park Primitive Campgrounds)

Sprucevale Rd also goes by County Rd 428
GPS 40.70586, -80.580351

Time-10:30 AM

We will paddle from Sprucvale to the Lock 57 Community Launch in Ohioville PA.
This section is about 12 miles, but with the current it isn’t a hard 12; it is a fun 12 miles.
Beaver Creek is known for many class I riffles and two class II rapids and scenic views.

Right after the St Rt 170 Bridge in Fredericktown is the first class II rapid (Eagle Rapid). The second is after Grimms Bridge. (Dead mans curve)

I advise everyone to bring a skirt with your kayak to help stay dry. Reading water and boat control is a must on this creek due to some sharp bends and the two Class two Rapids. If you haven’t done this section and want to paddle please let us know at the beginning of the trip. We can have the newer paddlers stay with senior members and help guide you down the river.

At this time I am aware of one portage about a mile into the trip.

Pack a lunch as we will stop near the middle to relax and stretch.

The Lowest we paddle this is 3.0ft on the USGS Gauge

Highest we will paddle this is 6.0ft on the USGA Gauge

Any questions please email mfdanko99@yahoo.com
or call 330-766-3129
Mike Danko

Any other questions of the river, go to YOU TUBE and watch trumbull canoe trails Beaver Creek videos from last years trip.

Last edited by mfdanko99; 04-20-2015 at 08:42 AM.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote