Old 06-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default River Fest 2013

River Fest 2013
As everyone is aware Saturday the 8th is river fest from 12 pm to 4 pm at the B & O Station Downtown Youngstown.
B & O address is 530 Mahoning Ave, Youngstown, OH 44502 (GPS 41.102703, -80.657826)
We are going to assisting the friend of the Mahoning in river fest to show what a great river we do have.
I would like all members of TCT who plan on coming to show up at 10:30am to help set up are table(I will bring the table) and the tent that Rich is bring. Then we will take all kayaks & canoes down to the dock and tie them off or set on the dock.
At 12:30 they will have a ribbon cutting for the new dock that Chuck Miller rebuilt. After that they would like us to launch kayaks from the dock and then Bruce & I will give the public canoe rides.
As of now I still need a paddler for chucks two man kayak, and Ed?s one canoe. If no one response to me by Thursday I will not pick up chucks kayak or Ed?s canoe. If you want to give rides please respond to this post or email me at mfdanko99@yahoo.com
For members who bring kayaks here is a chance to play and practice going through the rapid at Marshall Street Bridge and to paddle around and enjoy a wonderful day in Youngstown.
Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
dakotamakiya

Hey mike....ill paddle a canoe for the club. I was going to bring mine from va but would rather not if possible. Let me know if that will still work.

Matt
dakotamakiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
mfdanko99

I will call ed, and we can have you use his canoe, thanks matt.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #4
mfdanko99

Thank you to all who came and helped at river fest. I am so happy with the turn out we had as a club. I am not exactly how many showed, because I was in the canoe the whole time, but we had a strong showing.
Thank you to Rich Allen for the tent and table, Thanks to Lynda, Belkta,Rich and other members who took care of the table.
Thank you to Carmen and Paul for going out in your kayaks.
Big thank goes out to Bruce, for the use and paddling guest in his canoe. Also a Big thank you to Ron Ellis who brought his whitewater boat and played in the rapid, and his canoe and helped with guest as well, and the kids life vest.
Thank you to Ed Rigby for the use of his trailer and canoe. His canoe was paddledby Mark and Matt Brady.
A special thank you goes to Matt Brady and Rogue. They came all the way from Harrisonburg Virgina to help out and we got him interviewd by tv21 in a nice story.
Also tom Smith helped out from friends with canoe rides in Ron canoe.
We had a total of 4 canoes going none stop giving over 100 people rides. Many trips had two or three people in a canoe.
A thanks also goes out to Kathy,Mark, Debra W and Bob Danko for helping load and unload guest at the dock, your help was greatly used to insure no spills happened.

I was suprised but happy on how many people river fest drew to the B & O
If I missed any one I am sorry but Thank you. This was a Big success for the club and the Mahoning River.

Mike Danko
The Following User Says Thank You to mfdanko99 For This Useful Post:
Lee3553  (06-11-2013)
Old 06-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
onbohio

I would like to extend a big thank you to all the members who helped out Saturday. Like Mike said the canoe rides were very popular. And after paddling upstream all day I wouldn't be challenging Mike to any arm wrestling any time soon.

The whole day was a huge success. Thanks everyone.

Tom Smith

p.s. The Cuyahoga trip was a great day as well. Looking forward to the next time I can make a trip date.
onbohio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to onbohio For This Useful Post:
Lee3553  (06-11-2013)