Old 02-09-2014, 01:03 AM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Planning Meeting

Hey Everybody! We will be having our planning meeting Sunday Feb. 16th at the Ice House Inn at 3:00. Grab a bite to eat and have a beverage and we will try to get the meeting underway a.s.a.p.
At the last meeting we agreed to cut back the number of runs this year to about 17, I think. So, if you have a run in mind that you would like to lead please let me know and I will pencil it in on the schedule. If you live far away and can't make it and have a run in mind for the year (Brad? Rich? Kerry?)please let me know.
Mike and I were talking and we'll try to shake up the schedule this year. Just a few ideas from me are; moving the French Creek run to the fall and the Kent run to the spring; bringing back the "last weekend of summer" group campout run up at Buckaloons on the Allegheny. We haven't done that in a few years.There is a full moon on Saturday July12th, about the time of our picnic/meeting. Maybe a twilight run then.I'm sure Mike has more ideas, but remember; WE NEED TRIP LEADERS ! Please volunteer to lead a run.
Now some silly stuff. It's been a cold winter. Have you noticed? I think we should bring some color to the meeting and think summer by wearing our brightest Hawaiian type shirt there. I'll be wearing mine (over my ther-max shirt of course)to the meeting. Mike will buy a beer for the first guy or gal to walk in the door wearing shorts!!
Think spring,
Ed
Old 02-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
mfdanko99

Talking

I am with ed on shaking things up a little.
One idea I got is like buckaloons but camp in tionesta pa for a weekend. Get up there friday night and hang out, then Saturday use a delivery and go up stream for a all day paddle back to the camp grounds. Then Sunday we do are owne shuttle on a shorter trip going south from the camp grounds. After that pack up and head home.

Also a new paddle put by new castle school of trades and paddle the shenago river to the beaver river and take out at beavington boat launch.

Also looking at starting at Coverts crossing on the Mahoning and go to the beaver and take out at the Rock Point Boat club on the Conny.

I will be leading a sunset run again on the mahoning as well.

I am also looking at a canoe friendly section of the Ashtabula River.

Plus more of Beaver Creek, since it is in are own back yard.

Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
EAR

Default Paid shuttle

The club seems to have a little money this year. Perhaps we could vote on using some to pay for a shuttle at one of the trips. I don't have one in mind, but we can bring it up if someone has a suggestion.

Last edited by EAR; 02-14-2014 at 11:23 PM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #4
EAR

Joel Beeghly has gotten a speaker to tell us about some new launches being planned along the lower Mahoning in Pa. and along the Beaver river . Mike also has some info about pool classes in Warren.
Come on out to the meeting Sunday. We will entertain ideas for club runs from Pine Creek to Pymatuning and Lake Erie to Beaver Creek and all points in between.
Ed
Old 02-15-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
brucea

Location: Chippewa Township, Beaver County, Pennsylvania. 15010 (Beaver Falls)

I'll vote for Pine Creek! I won't be at the meeting Sunday, I got a real bad cold at this time. So it's best that I stay home.

Bruce Ambrose
brucea is offline   Reply With Quote