Old 05-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
suram

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Big Neshannock Creek 5/4/14- data base error?

Can't get in to see info due to database error...
suram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
JPTolson

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Sue,

Does this help?

Looks like the Kamikazi [devine] winds are going to save some wear on some boats.

WE will meet at the put-in to set up shuttle at 10:30. Mapquesting Mayville Pa should put a flag on the map with-in 50yds. of Alduk boat launch [not found on internet].

The address is;

2841 state highway 956
Volant Pa 16156

This creek has a pretty even gradient and has a good current the hole way. The trip is 10.27 miles long with an expected moving time of two hours. We will be taking a shore lunch so bring a snack.
The take out will be The Towne Mall in New Castle. Both put-in and take-out are quite handy to parking. I have to say the trip is class l though some bends may be sharp. Expect some splashing from wave trains and irregular waves from shallow rock gardens, therefor I recommend a skirt and gear to stay dry.

For anyone who wants to run the gorge show up at 9;30 and please bring a brain bucket. The gorge has 8 class ll rapids, with four said to be tougher. I will attest to one being quite technical for a class ll. In low water it has several sharp turns and a drop that will put water in your cockpit. In higher water it has a hole that becomes fairly sticky.

If you need any more info my Number is 724-730-6351

ps I paddled the gorge in very low water today and found it had no significant wood problems.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JPTolson For This Useful Post:
suram  (05-03-2014)