Old 07-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking club picnic july 14th

This years picnic will be a little different. Instead of the safety class at Canoe City; we want to save that for February with a pool session.
Would like to have all officers and any other members who want to attend the meeting meet at 11am at Canoe City. Want to have the meeting first then wrap it up before 12:30pm.
Between 12:30 and 1pm Ray Novotny and the Mill Creek Park kayak fleet will be meeting us at Canoe City. Little after 1pm all member who want to paddle we will shuttle to Thomas Swift Park and paddle 3.5 mile of the State Water Trail as a combination trip for both groups back to Canoe City. It lets Rays group off of Newport lake and gives us a chance to pick up new members who want to paddle more.
After the paddle lets fire up the grills and get the food out and eat and sit back and relax.
Once again I hope Jim Boz will bring the tire for the throw rope competition that the winner will get a gas gift card. Ed Rigby won last year, lets see if he can repeat.
I also will bring a set of corn hole if anyone want to play.
The club will buy the hotdog, hamburgers, buns and some extra?s that are need. Everyone else is more than welcome to bring a dish or desert and any drinks you prefer.
Canoe City 74 North Leavitt Rd Leavittsburg, OH 44430 (GPS 41.241697 -80.881426)
11:15 meeting
12:30 to 1pm all meet up.
1:15 Shuttle for paddle.
Any questions please email or call me or Ed Rigby. My email is mfdanko99@yahoo.com
My Cell 330-766-3129
Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
champ

Default picnic paddle

see you Sunday. Also have a few new paddlers / potential club members coming also.
champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
Greyhounds2

We're planning on coming and bringing a dessert.

Mark & Kathy Murtha
Greyhounds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
champ

Default picnic

Mike is the picnic / paddle still on? I heard today canoe city is still under water and river pretty wild
champ is offline   Reply With Quote