Old 08-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
erbego

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Clarion River Camping Oct. 15-16

Is anyone interested in an overnight trip on the Clarion River Oct. 15-16? I have the Friday the 14th off work & am thinking of driving to Cook Forest Thursday night or Friday morning to do some hiking, camping somewhere, then driving upstream Saturday morning to start the paddle. The boating would be for short distances each day in order to enjoy a nice, easy float & have plenty of time in camp before the early sunset. We won't have to rush out of camp in the morning, either. There would likely be time for fishing, for those who enjoy that sort of thing. I am thinking of paddling from Portland Mills to Halton (only 12.5 miles total) and camping in the Allegheny National Forest about 1/2 way. If the canoe livery is still open we could have them shuttle us to save time.

Just so you know, I have not paddled the Clarion, so I'm calling this an "exploratory" trip. I'll cancel if the weather is going to be very rainy. Let me know if you are interested in going. I'd like to keep the group size no larger than 8 since I am not familiar with the campsites. Anyone not working on Friday is welcome to join me for the hiking.

Erin
erbego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
bootman

I would love to make this but my paintball team is running an event at Battlefront on the 15th. If it was a regular game I could get out of it but we are running it. I really wanted to hit a camping trip this year.
bootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
erbego

Just wanted to move my thread back to the top now that Oct 15 is almost upon us. Geez, I sure hope the weather is as nice then as it promises to be this weekend! If i weren't going down to the Gauley for some big wave action I'd change the date!
erbego is offline   Reply With Quote