Old 07-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
Tim

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Moonlight Run or Midnight Run

Saturday, July 24th is the date set for the Moonlight Run. The place is Pointview Park on Lake Milton. I'll be getting there to set up at 8:00pm. The club will be providing the hotdogs and buns and soft drinks, and you are welcome to bring along your favorite snack or dessert to share with the group.
There are directions to Pointview Park thru the interactive map on the club website. Give me a call and let me know if your planning on attending.
This is a popular outing, so if your new to the club this is a great time to meet some of the members, paddle some quiet water and have a great time.
Don't forget a few lightsticks for your boat so you can be seen.
see you there. Tim
you can contact me at: daytime: 330 257 4012
evenings: 330 584 9309
or email tparkin@embarqmail.com
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
JPTolson

Did the thunder and lighting stop and did anyone go out on the water?
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #3
SOS57

Default Moonlight Run

Should of stayed. The rain took a breather. It cleared up a bit. We had a real nice picnic, a nice fire, some peaceful paddling and a lot of fun. It really did have a beautiful moofor a period of time.
SOS57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:02 AM   #4
clipper1

Default moonlight paddle

It was a shame that Ed and JP threw in the towel early, those that stayed were rewarded for their perseverance. Thank's once again Tim, for a paddle that was well worth the drive, and thanks to Mike for leeding me through the Monsoon, even though I could not keep up. Has anyone seen our VP, and Director of Drink this summer?

Rich
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
JPTolson

ARGH! Figures...sorry I bailed out now in favor of catching a couple hours of a class reunion...glad that everyone who stayed had a good time.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
Tim

Default Thanks To All

Thanks to all the club members who braved the fickle Ohio weather and turned the Moonlight Run into a success. I must admit, I had my doubts that we could even have a picnic, let alone spend any time on the water, but happily I was proven wrong. With their usual perseverance, the Trumbull Canoe Trail members turned questionable conditions into a real good time. Thanks again to all. And if there are any doubters, we have photographic proof that the moon made an appearance, even if only for a few minutes.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
mfdanko99

Talking had a blast

To all that was there on saturday, what a great time, I had a good time just standing in the rain talking and joking around, but it did clear up for a good fire and food, and larry said let's go in so it turned out for a good short trip. But we saw so pretty lighting that cut it short when we were on the water
mike
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote