Old 07-01-2022, 11:52 AM   #1
DustinSW1627

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Pymatuning Training/Camping/Picnic/Paddle

Hello, We are all gearing up and excited for the opportunities at the end of July.

First we will have great fellowship, as a club, camping at Jamestown Campground Organized Group campsite #8. This site is right on the water and can hold up to 100 people. We have the campsite from 3pm Friday July 29th until 3pm Sunday July 31st. If anyone would like to extend the stay before or after let me know and we can see about that. Friday night feel free to paddle around the lake right from the campsite. This maybe a great time to try different boats if people are up for it? I will have a dozen canoes there to try out if people are interested.

Saturday Safety Training.

The safety training will be held right at the campsite Saturday from 9-1. The Park Rangers have to have a 1:5 ratio. This means we have spots for 15 kayaks and 10 canoes. It will break my heart if people are left out so if you sign up make sure you show up. If you are left out we are going to have 2 members in each class as designated “retainers.” What this means is they need to retain the information learned and share it with other members at the picnic and possibly another date. I will need volunteers for this. I will be one for the canoe class. The Club has covered the cost of the training class. We will have open registration first come first serve until we fill up the classes. We will make sure we have a waiting list if needed in case you can not make it at last minute someone can step into your slot. Once you commit to the class I will email you a registration/release from to fill out and get back to me. I have to submit these forms to Emily at Pymatuning by July 15th.

Next Picnic: Mark Vallecorsa will post about that separately

Last Sunday Paddle: I will post that separately as well.

So This is officially the “OPEN ENROLLMENT” for safety training.

Email me: dustinnoel@hotmail.com

Info I need: Name, address, phone, Club member, boat(length,make,model) solo/tandem

Thank you and see you at this fun event. Dustin Noel 724-301-751
DustinSW1627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 01:18 PM   #2
jimbo

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Nice site

Great camping site location right on the water very quiet and private. As many of our members are not doing primitive camping I took up car camping. It is nice to bring gear I would never think of bring river camping. There was commentary cherry pie cooked on the fire at night. Sweet!

Thanks Dustin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2238.jpg (51.4 KB, 5 views)
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote