Old 09-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Sunday Sept 9th Beaver River PA

Sunday September 9th Beaver River PA Trip Leader Debra Witowski

I would like to start about 10:30 am from Bevington Boat Launch on River Road 1/4 mile north of Ellwood Wampum Rd. From turnpike get off Beaver Falls take 18 north to 288 east just go across the bridge and go north 1/4 mile. From New Castle take 18 south,make a left on Darlington Rd. Quick Left on to Main St/ RT 288 and cross the bridge. Make a left on River Rd go about ? mile and launch is on your left.

GPS for Launch 40.895355,-80.339761

Lunch stop at Rock Point or early out or late in if needed.

Take out on the sand bar above the Eastvale Dam parking at bike trail, or on street. We will have to cross the railroad track I could not get permission To get the gate open at Eastvale Boat Club.

It is flat some riffles in the beginning, but it always has water. Has a remote green kind of feel, all you see are trees and we will have to paddle not much current.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
debra witowski

Red face Sunday Beaver River

[I] thought this would be the only water around to paddle , but now with the rain other creeks have water. This is a very suitable easy paddle, but you will have to paddle. Bring long boat or canoe. Other than Rock Point there is no other out until Beaver Falls. You will be paddling the stretch of river you see from the Pa turnpike. Debi
debra witowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
brucea

Location: Chippewa Township, Beaver County, Pennsylvania. 15010 (Beaver Falls)

I used these GPS Coordinates for the take out. 40.76379, -80.31802. This takes you to 6th Avenue. I found a path that took me to the sand bar above the Eastvale Dam.

Bruce
brucea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
mfdanko99

On Sunday the 9th TCT tackled the Beaver River. After a rough shuttle we got on the water about 11:45 am. The first half of the trip was great, nice flow, beautiful scenery with a waterfall not far from the river and a great spot for lunch.
The Club from this point loss some members as we started out with 19 boats
(4 canoes & 15 kayaks). Some stopped at this point and other took advantage of water being up on the Connie. As Paul, Ron, Jonathan B, Cooper, & Denise made their second run down the Connie.
The Rest pushed on as the river got wider and lost all current with some tuff head winds we made it to the take out.
Five members did a side run after the main trip down the Connie as well. Debra, Matt B, Mike D, and to guest hit the Connie about 6 and was able to get our guest threw the Connie in a open canoe, which at times was tuff, but they were tuff and kept pushing forward as we got out a little past dark.
Over all a great rip and I can say the Connie got a lot of use by our members on side run on this day.
Will post pictures soon.
Mike Danko
Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
burrowsj

Mike, Sorry for bailing out early. The connie is like a beautiful women. You just can't tell her no and then at the end she kicks you in the be-hind!!! Great day of paddling!!!!
burrowsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
mfdanko99

Jonathan, don't be sorry, If I could have I would have gone as well. Trust me I more than understand, But At lease I got one good run down and made it threw rooster tail with out a problem, same for debra.
Mike
Old 09-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
kerrydido

i want some of the rooster tail - sounds exciting !!!!!
kerrydido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
burrowsj

It's a blast. But. I flipped for the first time on the second trip. I was tired, thats why, sure!!!
burrowsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #9
mfdanko99

Got the Picture posted, again what a nice trip. Next year I think we should start on the Mahoning at Coverts bridge and finish at Rock point boat club
Mike