Old 03-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
paul isaac

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Floatable

Canoeing Guide to Western Pennsylvania and Northern West Virginia purports minimum floatable at 428 cfs. On the hopeful side forcasts call for rain Friday and Friday night, maybe up to half an inch. I'll see you on Tionesta Creek Saturday.
paul isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
JPTolson

Thanks, Paul. I have a few other things on my mind and won't decide until the last minute if I'm coming.

jp
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #13
debra witowski

Smile Crash wants to go for a ride

Since it too cold for a sit on top I have a friend with a canoe, see all of you on saturday.
debra witowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #14
EAR

Stan was correct, I will be up Sat. morning. I do plan to stay and float on the Allegheny from W. Hickory to Tionesta on Sunday, about a 7 mile run. If I'm going to spend all that money on gas, I'm getting 2 runs in !!
I'll be leaving Hubbard early and stopping in Tionesta for breakfast at a place called The Dinor (their spelling). When you come into Tionesta across the bridge (rt 62),make a right, and then another right about a half block down. It looks like a old mobile home trailer with an addition. I'll be there about 9.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #15
Jeremy

Is there space for 2 more?...my wife and I are planning on coming on this trip and we are new to the group. We will have one canoe and will see everyone at Nebraska bridge. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
85dragonfly

Default Tionesta Creek levels

The USGS gauge at Lynch (15 miles upstream from Kellettville) as of late Friday afternoon was reading 1.75 (about 310 cfs) The West Pa Canoeing Guide likes a minimum runnable level of 2.1 for either the Lynch-Kelletville run, or the Kelletville-Nebraska Bridge section. Therfore, it appears the creek is going to be somewhere around 3 or 4 inches below minimum. There are no great challenges on the lower stretch, but these levels probably presage a deal of scraping.
85dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #17
jerry lyda

Default Tionesta

How did the trip go ? I was on the Clarion the last 2 days. It was a great float, from ridgeway to Arroryo
jerry lyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #18
debra witowski

Default Good weekend for paddling

Tinoesta had water. We had a good trip and the views were good the creek had lots of turns.Didn't even have to paddle that much the creek was going 3 miles a hour. Crash enjoyed the outing and I think he may perfer a canoe to kayak. I saved my paddling for today (and I am going to brag) at Vermillion I was the fastest old lady and I even had a dozen other ladies in my age group we out numbered the men, but then the men got 3 different catagories for kayak lenght. I think I was the 2nd female overall.The canoe division I think was won by 2 70 year old men.
debra witowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #19
SOS57

A QUICK RECAP OF OUR WEEKEND
Wound up with 8 of us and 2 dogs doing the Tionesta. A beautiful day for a normal march 31. However this year we are all spoilled and considered it kind of chilly and damp after the summerlike weather we've been having. Ed took the pressure of us all as he managed to initiate the river within the first 25 feet of launch. Mike now has company as an early dipper. We had a great 11.7 mile run otherwise. Plenty of water, only a few bumps when you weren't paying attention. No surprizes on this usually placid section. Nice to see the Nebraska Bridge back in place and open. 4 of spent the night at Tom's cabin and made a 5 mile run from West Hickory to Tionesta sunday morning. We saw the eagle at the fish hatchery launch. For all those who didn't make it, come on out for the next trip. I believe it's the Grand.
Stan
Old 04-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #20
JPTolson

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra witowski View Post
Crash enjoyed the outing and I think he may perfer a canoe to kayak.

Nice to hear that Crash may be moving away from the dark side....I always had faith in him.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote