Old 03-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
SOS57

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Tionesta creek march 31

[b]TIONESTA CREEK on March 31
Our next club trip is Saturday March 31. I will endeaver to lead us successfully and safely down Tionesta Creek from the bridge at Kellettville to the Nebraska Bridge. This is usually an easy paddle with no surprizes. For anyone interested, we have space available to spend the night camped in or around Tom's cabin near the takeout. We have room for quite a few inside. More details will follow.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
SOS57

Tionesta on March 31 is still a go. I seem to be having a difficult time posting though. I will be at Tom's cabin both Friday and Saturday nites. For all who would like to join me, welcome. Friday nite is poitluck. Saturday nite is planned as a campfire, with the opportunity to cook dogs or whatever, along with pie irons for camp pies. Sunday morning breakfast is still vague. The cabin is off Golenza Road a couple mile from Nebraska Bridge.
For the trip itself: I would like to meet in the parking lot at Nebraska Bridge by 10:00am. We will try to shuttle all boats and people to Kellettville with as few vehicles as possible. I will be bringing the large trailer. The weather is variable, who knows this year? Pack according to your constitution. I highly recommend DRY spare clothing, packed to stay that way. We will be stopping for lunch along the river, match your gear with your appetite.
I can be reached at 724 699 0984. Voicemail and text are available as I can't always answer the phone.
LET'S MAKE THIS A FUN WEEKEND.
Stan
Old 03-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
dakotamakiya

I plan to make it to the trip. I dont think I have been to that area before. I will most likely stay the night, camping outside with my dog. I will have my truck with my canoe but can use it help shuttling if we need to.
Matt
dakotamakiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
mfdanko99

Count me in as well, I am also going to spend the night saturday night. I will camp out as well. Really looking forward to this
Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
dakotamakiya

Hey mike if your down for a gear shakedown for the trip let me know
Old 03-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
dakotamakiya

That sounded strange but I need to go though my gear before the trip and if anyone wants to go through theirs as well let me know. After every pound counts since the dog wont do much paddling
Old 03-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
SOS57

Glad you can make it, Mike. I think EAR will be there Satuday night too. He is thinking about a short trip on the Allegheny on Sunday to round the weekend out. Weather is co-operating, 47plus Saturday and 60 Sunday. Rain is under 20% Sat and under 10% Sun. Anyone else coming?
Stan
Old 03-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #8
JPTolson

I hate to raise the issue, but does anyone have any thoughts if there's likely to be enough water from Kelletville to Nebraska Bridge assuming we don't get any rain? Or is there a low-water alternative trip if there isn't? For the two gages on Tionesta Creek, one appears to be below the dam, so it isn't much help. Another is way upriver and the flow is running between 300-400 cfs.

River levels up that way have been on the low side of late.

jp

Last edited by JPTolson; 03-28-2012 at 09:10 PM.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
mfdanko99

Matt. from my understanding we will be camping at tom's cabin, so I am guessing we will have our cars there, so no need to paddle with camping gear, unless I am wrong. Does any one know?
Mike
Old 03-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
mfdanko99

Smile

Just talk to stan, and he said just take what you need of rthe kayaking part, everything for camping leave in the cars until we get to tom's cabin
Mike