Old 12-30-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
85dragonfly

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Allegheny Water Trail segment

You all will be familiar with the system of Water Trails that have been established in PA (and certainly in other states as well) over the last two decades or so. As you know, these are maps of particular rivers (or segments of rivers) and creeks highlighting access points, hazards, and much else of interest to paddlers. The Allegheny River is such a trail, but there remains a "missing link" between Emlenton and Freeport. Some folks in Armstrong County are trying to rectify that, and fill in this gap, and also to include some paddler info for both Red Bank and Mahoning Creeks which enter the Allegheny in this segment. To that end, there is a public meeting scheduled at which input from local paddlers as to their knowledge of this portion of the Allegheny (and said creeks) will be solicited. It will be on Wednesday Jan 18, 2017 at the Belmont Sports Complex. This building is located at the junction of rts 268 and bus. 422 in West Kittanning PA The meeting is scheduled for 6:30 in the conference room therein. If you have an interest, and have some info to contribute, come on by...
85dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:44 PM   #2
paul isaac

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I would have liked to have gone to that meeting. Did anyone attend that could give a summary of the meeting? I don't know about the Allegheny in that reach, but I would recommend both mahoningtown creek and the redbank.
paul isaac is offline   Reply With Quote