Old 03-09-2023, 10:56 PM   #1
ScotsGuards

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Conemaugh Sojourn registration is now open

Conemaugh Valley Conservancy Sojourn: June 1-4
From Johnstown to Apollo, Pa. on the Stony Creek-Conemaugh-Kiski Rivers.

To Register: Go to the Conemaugh Valley Conservancy page on Facebook and follow the link for Sojourn Registration. (I just noticed the link is still noted as 2020 in one place but it's for 2023. I'm sure they'll fix this typo as some point.) Conservancy membership is not mandatory but it may save you a few $$$ if you are registering as a family for multiple days. They're a very active and effective organization as well.

As noted you can do any number of days as you wish. Thursday has the most challenging water course followed by Friday's run. Saturday and Sunday are a pretty laid back paddle. All four days feature some of the most beautiful scenery you'll encounter.

Overnight camping is onsite with the Sojourners or if anyone wishes they may camp at our place. I will be staying at one location while Judy stays at the the other. We just need to know who wishes to camp where. There will be showers at some locations on various days. There will also be lists of hotels and campgrounds with amenities on the Sojourn itinerary when it is posted.

Judy and I will be updating this thread as details develop. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us. We hope to see as many of you there as possible.
ScotsGuards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 01:48 PM   #2
ScotsGuards

Just checking on the member participation status for this trip. We're a little over six weeks out now. The registration has been open and the itinerary packets are set and being delivered. Please inform us as to who is attending and your registration status. If anyone needs assistance we're here to help. We want to plan for camping, shuttling and group activities. Thanks.

Oh and registration is now listed on the Conemaugh Valley Conservancy website. Go to the Conemaugh Valley Conservancy website and look under the Events Tab.

Last edited by ScotsGuards; 04-18-2023 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Added content
Old 04-18-2023, 07:05 PM   #3
DustinSW1627

Default Thank You

Thank you for leading this. It looks like a very fun event. I have already committed to something that weekend but I might try to make it Thursday. Thanks for organizing this and hope to do all the days next year.

Dustin
DustinSW1627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 06:45 PM   #4
Ambridger

I was hoping to come out and do at least one day, however I have to take some time off for a family wedding during the schedule that would include that time, and that leaves me without time to attend. This darn work thing keeps getting in the way! Maybe we can sneak out that way in the fall for a spur-of-the-moment trip. As soon as you hear dates for next year, please share.
Old 04-30-2023, 08:24 PM   #5
sydney1022

Hi! This is Stephanie. I would like to attend the Sojourn on Saturday and Sunday and camp at you and Judy's place. Please fill me in on any details as they are available.I'm hoping Beth (we car-camped together at Buckaloons) will join in as well!
sydney1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 04:18 AM   #6
Wooden Canoe

Default Registered for all days

I have registered for all days and plan to tent camp per Conemaugh Valley Conservancy directions/sites. Hoping for good weather! -- Millie Sass
Wooden Canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 08:58 PM   #7
ScotsGuards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1022 View Post
Hi! This is Stephanie. I would like to attend the Sojourn on Saturday and Sunday and camp at you and Judy's place. Please fill me in on any details as they are available.I'm hoping Beth (we car-camped together at Buckaloons) will join in as well!
Hi Stephanie. Glad you are interested. You need to register at the Conemaugh Conservancy Site. You are welcome to camp here with us. let me know if you are arriving Friday evening or Saturday morning. We'll plan accordingly. You can call me anytime (This goes for the rest of you attending as well) at: 724-396-8628 and we'll hammer out details. Glad to hear you all are coming.

Jeff G.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:00 PM   #8
ScotsGuards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooden Canoe View Post
I have registered for all days and plan to tent camp per Conemaugh Valley Conservancy directions/sites. Hoping for good weather! -- Millie Sass
So pleased to hear you are attending. Let me know if we can be of assistance. Judy or myself will be staying over if others from TCC are camping with the Sojourn. Call me if you need any information. See my previous post for phone.

Jeff G.
Old 05-08-2023, 10:45 PM   #9
ScotsGuards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooden Canoe View Post
So pleased to hear you are attending. Let me know if we can be of assistance. Judy or myself will be staying over if others from TCC are camping with the Sojourn. Call me if you need any information. See my previous post for phone.

Jeff G.
Old 05-31-2023, 09:04 AM   #10
ScotsGuards

Sojourn starts tomorrow morning. We'll be at registration check-in bright and early. Let's hope there's enough water in the rivers.