Old 07-23-2015, 12:07 PM   #1
swampboy62

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Lower Slip on Sunday?

Water levels on Slippery Rock Creek are getting low, and I have a new-ish boat I'm trying to get the feel for, so I'm hoping to get over to the lower Slip on Sunday. I'm hoping to find someone else wanting to go so that I don't have to hike that long trail back up to the put in.

I'm thinking sometime after lunch, like maybe 1 or 2. At this level all the rapids except 2 are very straight forward, like maybe class I. Pinultimate and Pillow are still class II, but get much easier - plus there is an easy portage on each. And I think there should still be a couple of surf opportunities as well.

Post up if you're interested and we can work out details.

Steve Z
swampboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:16 AM   #2
swampboy62

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Well I didn't get any takers for yesterday, but my wife took pity on me and was the shuttle bunny for my trip.

Water level was about 320 cfs. I've gotta say that this is an excellent beginners whitewater run at that level. Plenty of waves and action still, and two more substantial rapids. Plus surfing opportunities.

Had a great run - I'm really starting to get the feel for my Big EZ. That thing is so easy to move on the water it's amazing.

Steve Z
swampboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote