TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I will be there.
trjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:55 PM   #12
DustinSW1627

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Great People!

Thank you all who turned out for a Nice paddle on French Creek. Sorry for the delay report, I have been working 12 hours days since the paddle. We had beautiful weather for our roughly 8 mile windy journey through the woods. On the trip were 2 K9’s, 22 paddlers, in 17 boats. There were 4 canoes and 13 kayaks. We had some self shuttle by bike, some hike, and others car shuttled. We got on the water around noon and proceeded to an early break on a nice gravel island. After everyone snacked we did some swimming, life jacket testing as well as some throw rope practice. The trip was mostly free of obstacles with 2 single file points to get around downed trees. The rest of the trip was slow deep water. The mosquitoes at the take out was the only complaint we could have on the day. They were amazingly fierce. Several of us trickled in to lickety-split‘s ice cream shop in Cambridge Springs at different intervals and enjoyed some ice cream and further fellowship. It was a great day with great people. Thank you! Ps I did lose one set of car keys at the take out. Once at the ice cream shop I Realized it and went back to the launch, fought though the mosquitoes again, and found my key in the grass.
DustinSW1627 is offline   Reply With Quote