Old 04-09-2009, 08:06 AM   #1
outdoorxtreme1
Administrator

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default TCT trip leader newbie info

Can anyone tell me how the trip leader thing works? I've never been a trip leader and would like to know what I need to know. I have only been on a few of TCT's runs and each time I went I was there with a buddy that had a second vehicle for pick up. How do you guys shuttle people from one access to another? I've never done a trip myself where more than 4 of my friends were with me. All we needed were 2 vehicles. Thanks for your help in advance.

outdoorxtreme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
EAR

The biggest thing for the trip leader is the write up for the news and getting us to the shuttle points. In the news you will need a start time and a little info about the run, how long it might be, what we might see. Can you give a rating to the river (easy ,moderate, swift, slow,ect.)? And we'll need some directions to the starting point. The shuttle shoudn't be too bad. The least amount of cars we can get away with. If I can I'll bring my trailer and hope someone has a van to bring us back. We'll make it work! The trip leader also gets to carry the safety bag, and pass out the throw bags and whistles.
Send your write up to Bozdog when done.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
JPTolson

Default Trip Leaders

Dustin,

I'm a relatively new to the club so I don't know all the traditions and guidelines for TCT trips yet, but here is a presentation on leading trips from a club I used to belong to. The author makes some assumptions that may not be obvious to new trip leaders. If you have any questions after looking over the presentation, I'd be happy to try to answer them.

I'm looking forward to meeting you on the Beaver Creek trip.

JPTolson
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote