Old 08-02-2020, 03:52 AM   #1
jimbo

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Allegheny River Primitive Camping August 22 - 23

Hillside camping overlooking the river! This trip is from the state boat launch in Franklin to the Kennerdell bridge,19.5 miles. This stretch of the Allegheny always seemed to be a bit more remote than the upper sections. We will do our own social distance shuttle with masks when needed. PFD to be used when paddling. Everyone is responsible for their own gear, food and drink. Paddlers must be able to unload and load their own boat and gear. Also you must be able to get in and out of your boat unassisted. If interested contact me at jbozdog@yahoo.com
Jim
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:05 AM   #2
jimbo

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

JimR, Stan, Kellie and myself enjoyed some summertime camping. Saturday was hot and we did a lot of swimming to cool off. Lots of boats on the water. One of our boats developed a hole but the owner of Stan's Boat Repair was with us so with a little Gorilla tape we were fine.
We stopped at one of my favorite campsites overlooking the river. There was a campfire and lots of stories. Sunday was cloudy as we floated to the takeout. The shuttle worked out great.

Next is a fall camping trip on October 10-11. Depending on the water the river is TBD.

Last edited by jimbo; 08-24-2020 at 04:17 AM.
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote