Old 05-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #1
KenM

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Paddle Ohio Pins - We got ours!

Last year (2014) Ken and Cheryl managed to paddle on (4) of Ohio's scenic rivers / water trails. We did sections of the Mahoning, Grand, Upper Cuyahoga and Mohican rivers. I submitted the forms with basic information to ODNR the end of October. It took a long time but just this past week (May) we did finally receive them. They are a cute little ornament. Very nice.

If we can do (4) more scenic rivers this year we can qualify for the (8) river pin. We will have to do more travelling to pull this one off. A challenge!

Last year ODNR's method of applying online was rather clunky but they have improved the process. You can also just print out the form and mail it in. ALSO...This needs confirmed, but, if you paddled any Ohio scenic rivers in 2014 you might be able to turn them in toward your 2015 (4) river pin.

Along with the pins we received a signed letter from Michael R. Miller, Acting Chief, Division of Watercraft. The letter congratulated Cheryl and I for being (2) of the (14) paddlers to successfully complete the Paddle Ohio criteria for 2014. I am rather shocked that only (14) paddlers qualified! I hope that was a typo and will ask for clarification.

Time to get out and paddle! Take advantage of this ODNR pin program!

Ken Mozden & Cheryl Long Louisville, Oh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pin Oh_4.jpg (49.0 KB, 4 views)
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KenM For This Useful Post:
Lee3553  (05-22-2015), swampboy62  (05-15-2015)
Old 05-18-2015, 12:40 PM   #2
KenM

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default 14 Paddle Ohio pins

from Ken...I received confirmation from Division of Watercraft that, yes, in fact there were only 14 Paddle Ohio Pins given out for 2014.

As it turns out, we happen to paddle with another couple (from Warren) that also got their pins

I received a very nice letter with information about the efforts ODNR is undertaking with the Scenic River / Paddle Ohio programs. I will share those in another posting.
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote