Old 05-27-2020, 08:28 PM   #1
Ambridger

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Canoe City - Saturday - 11am

CANCELLED: The gauge has continued to climb through the night. In the interest of safety, despite having already loaded boats and gear onto the car, I am cancelling. We shall live to paddle another day.

UPDATE: Folks, I'm watching the gauge. I'm told max is 7.5, but I don't want to max run it. The overnight forecast is looking good, but I will post a definite GO or NO GO at 8am.

CANOE CITY - SATURDAY 11am : So as club members know, we were scheduled for an event at Canoe City this Saturday. I make my schedule about two months ahead of time, and I selected this day to be at Canoe City, so I shall be at Canoe City. I need to get out of the house and paddle! I'm planning to do a float from Swift Park down to Canoe City. The plan is to be at Canoe City at 11am. I'm bringing two vehicles to self shuttle. I believe Mahoning River Adventures will be operating as a shuttle option - not sure of their availability - you may want to check with them if you desire to utilize them. I'm not sure how everyone feels about group shuttles at this point, and I don't want anybody to be uncomfortable. I would suggest you bring your mask, as as a courtesy, should you shuttle with another person. And I am watching the weather and river levels, as it is to rain the next two days. I hope some of you will come out and join the fun. Don't forget to bring a lawn chair to sit and kibitz afterwards. Give me a shout with any questions.

Last edited by Ambridger; 05-30-2020 at 05:41 AM.
Ambridger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:40 AM   #2
jimbo

When we did the Tionesta camping shuttle two rode in back of a Ford F150 with a 8' bed with masks. We stayed 6' apart and masks were used at putin and takeout.
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:24 PM   #3
KenM

Default Livery Services

The liveries are working now but with different shuttle arrangements. Basically they will only haul drivers on the bus/van and not a whole group of customers. And only half of the bus capacity to keep folks apart. A bunch of new rules to contend with for a while yet. I'm not sure they will haul private boats anymore because of not being de-contaminated. I need to check/verify this.

https://www.paddletheriver.com/

Maybe the club should get one of those old school buses like the raft companies use and put in partitions. Or cut the roof off? Probably only $500? They used to be more exciting than the raft trip! Always had to wonder about the brakes.

Plan "B": a moped or electric bike in back of van for shuttle.
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:44 PM   #4
djstone

Tom and I are in for Saturday. An easy float sounds appealing. We will bring two vehicles. One for kayaks and the other for yoga mats. See ya then!

Darla Freed
djstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:37 PM   #5
Ambridger

Folks, I'm watching the gauge. I'm told max is 7.5, but I don't want to max run it. The overnight forecast is looking good, but I will post a definite GO or NO GO at 8am.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:41 AM   #6
Ambridger

CANCELLED: The gauge has continued to climb through the night. In the interest of safety, despite having already loaded boats and gear onto the car, I am cancelling. We shall live to paddle another day.