Old 04-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #11
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default crazy ?

Crazy when it's 3ft; Not crazy when it's over 8ft ! I don't know what crazy means any more !!!
See you nuts tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
JPTolson

I think the water level for the trip tomorrow will be a new data point to help determine absolute paddling zero. I plan to be there.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #13
debra witowski

Default See you in the morning

I still have the dog leash on the front of the kayak , won a kayak & canoe race today running.
debra witowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
mfdanko99

Default What a fun run

Well the 2012 run of the Little Beaver Creek was much different than 2011

In stead of 8.7ft we were at 3.0, with temps in the 60's and mostly sunny.
We had 22 boats (16 kayaks & 6 canoes) with 24 people. That Bumped and scraped there way just under 12 miles.

From Spruvale to Fredricktown is were most of the bumping happened, after that it was easier all the way to the river.

We saw two bald eagles, Mary saved a bat from the water and after a second try got it to fly away. Saw some horses and tons of good size fish as we made our way down.
We had two breaks, one right after fredricktown and one right before grimms bridge.

No major problem this year execpt I put a crack in my 9.5 ft swifty, so I was dumping water out for the last half of the trip.

JP, Jonathan, & I stopped and looked at the site of last years carnage and still can't believe how high that water was.

Thanks to everyone who can out for a great day, hope all enjoyed it and I will post pictures soon

Mike Danko

Last edited by mfdanko99; 05-01-2012 at 08:12 AM.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #15
rayn

Thanx for the report Mike. SORRY I had to work.

r a y
rayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #16
JPTolson

Many thanks to Mike for leading the Little Beaver Creek trip and taking all the neat photos. Even though the water level was at paddling zero, it was a superb day on the river. It was really interesting to see hundreds and hundreds of large fish, mostly carp. Glad that you weren't scared off by the low water, Mike.

And just some commentary on the pictures of the log where the paddler was pinned and later flushed under it during last year's trip...Had she been pinned anywhere from five to seven feet to the right (where Jonathan and Mike are sitting on the log), it's very likely there would have been a tragic outcome, assuming that the debris that is very firmly lodged under the log was there at the time. And there is every reason to believe that it was. Thank goodness no one was hurt.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #17
Lcassidy001@neo.rr.com

Smile Beaver creek

Thanks mike had a great time little rocky at the start.i just wont to thank everyone for helping my little boy threw the rapides thanks.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
davidlengyel

Default hi to people im meet april 29...this david and buddy

I meet the group sunday april 29 ...on beaver crek ..yellow kyack and buddy my co puiolt ...have coomitment this weekend ...but this hermit crab love to join club .and go on a future outing as a member...how where do i sign up? My phone ..uu.is 304 2248840 thanks. Dave
davidlengyel is offline   Reply With Quote