Old 06-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Club Picnic July 10th

This years club picnic will be held at Canoe City in leavittsburg, Ohio. It is located at 74 North Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg, OH 44430

We will meet around 11 am to set up and start out meeting as soon as we can. During our meeting we are having a guest speaker Dana L. Kirk from the USCG Auxiliary & National Department of Vessel Examination and Recreational Boating Safety Visitation.

She will be talking about a course through Paddle sports America. Which deals with safety of your boat and legal Requirements of Boating -vessel registration, hull identification numbers and who may operate a paddle craft. Also boating emergencies and how to handle them. She would also like to go over the new 7012a Paddle-craft Vessel Safety Check form.

Dana contacted Ed & I and asked if she could meet with our club. I would love to see everyone there and see what we can learn and make our self?s better paddlers.

From there we can eat and enjoy our company and gear up for a nice calm but scenic ride down the Mahoning River. We will shuttle up to the Labrae Baseball fields and come back to Canoe City. This a about a 2 hour ride, and if anyone has trailers to help haul boats to the starting point it would be appreciated if you bring them.

Also the club should be supplying hot dogs and hamburgers, so if there are any extra goodies you would to bring please do so. If you want to can email me and let me know who is bring what so I can try to keep track.
mfdanko99@yahoo.com
Mike Danko

mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
jerry lyda

Default picnic

billie and I will be there. Need anything ?
jerry lyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
richpinky

Mike,
Pinky & I will bring pasta salad, (OK ? ) a 20 X 10 canopy, and a small propane grill. Need anything else ?
Rich
richpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #4
Paladin1aa

Normally at the club picnic, each member ( or family) brings a covered dish ( baked beans, potato salad, a desert, etc ) and lets the leader know so we don't end up with 20 baked beans ( that would make for a bad day......lol).

Cut veggies is good and so is fruit. And, we have had some damn good cooks in the past that brought super side dishes. I can't make it, but have been well fed in the past.
Paladin1aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
jerry lyda

Default picinic

Mike, Billie and I will bring a Salad and anything else you think of. 330-717-4930. Jerry
Old 07-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
mfdanko99

Sounds great, and thanks for the heads up rich & patty, and Jerry & Billy and Alan

Looks like we will be good to go
Mike Danko
Old 07-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
mfdanko99

Smile What I picked up

I went and got 36 hamburger patties, 32 hotdogs, 1 pack of bratwurst.
Got all the buns we need, I got plates, paper towels, and forks, spoons & knives.

Not sure if mary still has table clothes or not?
Also I will bring my small grill and two card tables to set food up.

Also bring chairs if there isn't enough picnic tables.

Mike Danko
Old 07-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
arroyolover

Default Mahoning River Paddling

Hi Trumbull County Canoers:

I'm a Champion native home for the next 10 days and I'm looking to paddle the Mahoning and Upper Cuyahoga Rivers when I'm here. Are there any local liveries/guides in the area where I can rent a boat?

I live in the Pasadena, California area and work on river restoration efforts along the Los Angeles River and the Arroyo Seco. I previously lived on the Wild and Scenic Kern River (Class V paddling!).

Would you let a former local 'crash' your picnic tomorrow?

Grateful for any suggestions as to how I can get on the river!

Thanks.

Meredith McKenzie
The ArroyoLover
Cell/Text: 805-455-3955
arroyolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #9
jerry lyda

Default picinic revue

Thanks to Mike for great time that was had by me and my family ! I am sure it is a trip they will not soon forget. Thanks to Ed and the officers for a good, effective and short meeting. I thought the presintation had a lot on merit and hope the club can put a class together. I also hope that we can find the funds to make a donation to the group that takes care of Canoe city. Jerry
Old 07-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #10
JPTolson

Looks like there was a good turnout for the club picnic judging from John's pictures. Very sorry I had to miss it. Jerry, was that you in the canoe with your grandkids? Judging from the color of the water, it appears to be up?
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote