Old 01-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #11
Fifthpig

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Great info, thanks much. Pine Creek in Central PA also has great opportunities for Bike/Hike/Kayak (or any combination of the 3), Pinecreek outfittters has a web-site with some good info. There is a 30 mile hike along the West-Rim trail that can be followed up with a 17-22 mile float that I anticpaiate getting into this spring (gotta get there while the water is up). Thanks again for all the good info on local spots.
Fifthpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #12
JPTolson

Two others boat and bike trails that come to mind are the Great Allegheny Passage Trail between Pittsburgh and Cumberland which runs along parts of the Monongahela, Youghiogheny, and Casselman rivers, and the Greenbrier River Trail in West Virginia.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #13
cmille2195

Default bike and paddle Lowellville

Bike and paddle is already in place in Lowellville since the removal of the trestle we will start promoting that this summer, also the mayor of Lowellville said that millcreek park is taking over maintenance on the ohio part, also we friended all the people that live near the launch area so you can store your bike or boat on their property and they will watch your stuff.
cmille2195 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmille2195 For This Useful Post:
Fifthpig  (01-16-2014), swampboy62  (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #14
swampboy62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmille2195 View Post
Bike and paddle is already in place in Lowellville since the removal of the trestle we will start promoting that this summer, also the mayor of Lowellville said that millcreek park is taking over maintenance on the ohio part, also we friended all the people that live near the launch area so you can store your bike or boat on their property and they will watch your stuff.
Thanks for the info. That is probably going to be the next map I put together. I'll definitely include your business info, and link the map from this forum.

Steve Z
swampboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #15
redntall74

Default Shenango River

Can't seem to open link. The Shenango River from Pymatuning dam to Big Bend would be doable but once again currently it is all road riding. They are working hard on a Rail to Trail section and would love help.
Also Oil Creek State Park from Titusville to Rend Farm. You can bike/float and use the Oil Creek Rail Railroad for part of the trip. Great historical ride.
Also Toby Creek in Brockway. Rail Trail next to creek clear down to the Clarion River thru some real backwoods of PA.
Clarion River from Ridgway to Toby also has a bike trail running along river.
Presque Isle in Erie is a great opportunity to cycle and paddle all in one outing.

Last edited by redntall74; 01-19-2014 at 09:23 AM.
redntall74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:15 PM   #16
swampboy62

Quote:
Originally Posted by redntall74 View Post
Can't seem to open link. The Shenango River from Pymatuning dam to Big Bend would be doable but once again currently it is all road riding. They are working hard on a Rail to Trail section and would love help.
Also Oil Creek State Park from Titusville to Rend Farm. You can bike/float and use the Oil Creek Rail Railroad for part of the trip. Great historical ride.
Also Toby Creek in Brockway. Rail Trail next to creek clear down to the Clarion River thru some real backwoods of PA.
Clarion River from Ridgway to Toby also has a bike trail running along river.
Presque Isle in Erie is a great opportunity to cycle and paddle all in one outing.
Great suggestion about Oil Creek - hadn't thought about that one.

Not sure about the broken link. Below is a list of the completed maps (a couple of new ones) with their links. If any of them turn out to be dead let me know.

Middle Fork Little Beaver Creek, Ohio
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...wiZ6krj0&hl=en

East Sandy Creek, Pennsylvania
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...z5x3Xbj0&hl=en

Mahoning River/East Branch Mahoning River, Ohio
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...jXPRxl-E&hl=en

Lower Mahoning River, Ohio & Pennsylvania
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...k.k8FubXUnG5o4

Little Beaver Creek (at Beaver Creek State Park), Ohio
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...k.kEXQYycf_g-A

Cuyahoga River at Kent, Ohio
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...k.kK8HAZ3E7m1s

Clarion River, Pennsylvania
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...k.kv8t58eQWcn4

Steve Z
Old 01-30-2014, 08:13 AM   #17
Fifthpig

Awesome info Swampboy, thank you very much. All links worked well for me and I look forward to reaping the benefits of your hard work !!!
Just one question (since you've doine such a wondeful job so far), any way to add mile markers to the maps, or potentially just add the total miles to the legend)?
I looked (admittedly just a little bit) for a way to do such, but did not see the option anywhere (again, I only looked a little bit, probably right under my nose!).

Again, fantastic information, very nice work Swampboy.
Fifthpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:30 PM   #18
swampboy62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthpig View Post
Awesome info Swampboy, thank you very much. All links worked well for me and I look forward to reaping the benefits of your hard work !!!
Just one question (since you've doine such a wondeful job so far), any way to add mile markers to the maps, or potentially just add the total miles to the legend)?
I looked (admittedly just a little bit) for a way to do such, but did not see the option anywhere (again, I only looked a little bit, probably right under my nose!).

Again, fantastic information, very nice work Swampboy.
I couldn't find a way to accurately measure the sections either, but I'm considering doing a screen capture, importing it into a CAD program, and measuring it out that way (for the creek distances at least). The road distances I could figure out on mapmyride and add to the google map description.

I plan on updating and adding more info on the runs as I find it, so they may change (improve). Anyone with any suggestions feel free to let me know.

Steve Z