Old 10-29-2018, 09:02 PM   #1
JPTolson

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Western Pennsylvania Solo Canoe Rendezvous

TCT,
Just received this notice from Bruce Kemp regarding the annual Western PA Solo Canoe Rendezvous. I briefly attended this gathering several years ago where I had my first taste of freestyle paddling and saw some really beautiful boats. Definitely worth taking in.

JP

From Bruce Kemp:

The usual way-in-advance invitation to everyone, and reminder to mark your calendar, to what will be the 12th annual Western PA Solo Canoe Rendezvous. Always the first full weekend in June, which next year will be May 31/June 1/2, 2019 (Friday-Sunday) at our regular home at Cooper’s Lake Campground, Portersville/Slippery Rock PA. A deliberately (and relentlessly) informal gathering of enthusiasts and aficionados of solo canoes in particular (but tandems are welcome too…) We’ll have the best of the current canoe manufacturers present with demo models for you to try out, a selection of privately owned classic canoes that you just don’t see around that often, and Goodness knows What-All. An event dedicated to the goal of immersing oneself in canoes and canoe folks in all of their variety and diversity for a long weekend to the exclusion of all other reality. Way too early to say anything specific about the 12th edition, but on our website’s (wpascr.org) message board (and on our Facebook page) we’ll keep you updated as to who’ll be coming, what we’ll be doing, and all the rest of it as that information comes to us. On the website message board, anything with “2019” in the title will have current and pertinent info. For those new to the Rendezvous, clicking on “2018 schedule” on the message board there will give you a fair idea of what usually occurs, and clicking on “prior years” on the home page will take you to pictures of Rendezvous’ past.
Note that as I write the website still refers to “our next Rendezvous” with the 2018 dates. That’s because neither Becky or Bruce can remember the password to get in to change it. Sigh! We’re workin’ on it, and we'll get it adjusted, but nevertheless , it’ll be Friday May 31 to Sunday June 2. So mark your calendars and come be with us in 2019. It’s a Very Nice Affair Indeed! See you there…
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:20 PM   #2
BandanaDan

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I finally made it there last summer for the first time. Looking forward to going back in 2019 and bringing some friends.
BandanaDan is offline   Reply With Quote