Old 05-02-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
jenny_k

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile new in warren :)

hi everyone,

this site rocks! i stumbled upon the same way i stumbled upon trumbull county's metroparks. didnt even know cool stuff existed out here like this! i love to canoe and kayak, and excited to try it out in this area. i usually have gone to mohican or cooks forrest. i am definitely a beginner, no lessons or classes, just hopped in and went. would love to try faster streams/rivers.

anyways, this place is great! nice to meet you all! :)

jen
jenny_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
jenny_k

Thumbs up also...

i just read the "about us" page and im very excited to join the club, meet some of you great people, and have some fun :)
Old 05-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
JPTolson

Welcome to the club, Jenny. There is a trip on Saturday, May 8th, to the Grand River and one on the 23rd to French Creek in Pennsylvania...Hope to see you on the river!

John Paul Tolson
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
gonegonzo

Welcome Jenny ,

Hope to meet you on the river . You'll find the people here very helpful and friendly.

Gonzo
gonegonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
mfdanko99

Good to meet you jenny

I live in Champion, which is just north of Warren. Fell free to email me or call, and we can meet up on the mahoning river. I am always going on the mahoning and have it broke down to several section in the warren area. I also hope you join us on our trips.
The more the better
Mike Danko
mfdanko99@yahoo.com
or
330-847-9741
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
Bfiorentino

Default Mahoning

Mr Danko, Hi Name is Brian. I have done a couple of trips solo this year as I just bought another canoe. I have done the Mosquito Creek from the Eastwood Mall to Giant Eagle in Niles. THis river spills into the Mahoning right at the Police Department in Niles and I am thinking about making it a trip to Youngstown via the Eastwood Mall. THe trip from the mall has several spots where the water can be as shallow as 6inches so I may Just go in at Kennedy Park to start from. If you have done anywhere close to niles in the Mahoning let me know some conditions as I want to seee how it will pan out that way too.
Bfiorentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #7
mfdanko99

I have never been threw niles on the mahoning or Mosquito creek. I have done the mosquito creek from the damn to the mall.
I have also done the Mahoning from Newton Falls to Warren, and from Mill Creek park and the mahoning come togethor to the other side of 224 in PA.

I would love to meet up with you and do those parts threw niles, always wondered about them.
This weekend I can't I have a wedding in columbus I am going to but after this weekend let me know.

I also no other guys inthe club would love to come as well

Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #8
jenny_k

Smile

hey thanks guys! sounds really fun! i cant believe i havent gone out here yet. a few times this summer ive gone out with some friends from akron and we go to mohican. where is a good place i could go around here that rents kayaks and canoes?

i want to buy my own kayak, but havent yet. :)