Old 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Carol P

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking New to "yaking" not new to H2O

Hello all...

While my husband is out of town, I went and bought my first kayak today. (He'll get one when he gets home, I just couldn't wait!) It's raining, and I'm looking at puddles in a whole different light now!! For years I've wanted to kayak the Little Beaver Creek in the spring - I used to work in the area and would sit along the bank and watch as the current flowed and wished I had a kayak to see more of it. That deep seeded need took me to Ohiopyle a few times to WW, but after being in a raft with tourists paddling in all different directions, I needed to just be responsible for my own fate and rent a "Duckie" and chart my own water (ok, so the guides were near by, I cheated!) but at least if I went in the drink, it was because of something I did, not because of someone else. That'll be the only way I go down that river from now on...

Yet, I bought a used 'yak' from a guy who lost his job and needed to spend time job hunting and not 'yaking' - (Priorities??) and now am ready to venture out and hit some water. I live "close" to Trumbull county, does that count?? Near Hartville Kitchen....I don't see the attraction, but many do and that's ok.

I'd like to kayak with your group on your next trip down the Little Beaver since that's where my desire for kayaking started....how do I get an invite to your April 17th run?? Do you have other women who kayak as well? Please either PM me or post here if you will on what I need to do to become involved in your organization.....it's still raining and the puddle in my backyard is getting larger - I'm so excited!!
Carol P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
Paladin1aa

Carol

You are "offically" invited. When you get here, cough up $10 for annual dues ( I haven't paid mine yet either,lol). Join the club and travel Ohio & Pa. for some great, fun trips. Lots of women in the club. Check the list on the message board for the clubs trips this year. Bring the old man too. lol

Last edited by Paladin1aa; 03-16-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Paladin1aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
clipper1

Welcome Carol P. & MR. P

Rich
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
richpinky

Default Welcome Carol

Hello,
Here is the information that you have requested from:
TRUMBULL CANOE TRAILS INC.
Thank you for contacting us. We are always glad to hear from people who enjoy paddle sports. Our club has members in the Mahoning, Trumbull, and Columbiana counties and also from western Pennsylvania and the Cleveland areas.
Some of the places we paddle on are:
Cuyahoga River, Grand River, Pymatuning Lake, Youghiogheny River, Mahoning River, Lake Ladue, Tionesta Creek, Shenango River, Pymatuning Creek, Lower Mahoning River, Presque Isle, Allegheny River, Clarion River, Mohician River, French Creek, and Oil Creek. Oh ! and Beaver Creek too !!
The club is made up of people with a large range of skill levels and a variety of canoes and kayaks. We are an easy-going group who takes our time to enjoy nature on the slow and beautiful rivers that we paddle. The club sends out a newsletter before each run to give the members information on the trip and other club news.
You can print a membership form from this web site fill it out and mail it or bring it with you to our next run. If you have any questions please email us at: rja1623paa@zoominternet.net

Thank you for taking the time to look this over. Hope to see you on our next run.

Thank you once again,
Patty and Rich Allen
richpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
debra witowski

Default Paddeling Little Beaver

Carol, I live close to the Little Beaver, When married actually had a farm on the North Branch. I paddled it many times you need to paddle it in the spring before it runs out of water when the river level falls below 3 ft on the USGA gauge you need to put a dog leash on the front of the kayak because you will walking the kayak down the river. What kind of kayak did you buy ? And my girl friends and I actually do all girl trips down the Little Beaver always looking for someone to paddle with I am a nurse and have odd days off. Debra Witowski
debra witowski is offline   Reply With Quote