Old 06-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #11
Fifthpig

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Many thanks to "The Jims" (Reagle and Bozdog), very nice float indeed !
Jim R did a fine job establishing our shuttle, determining our route, picking our campsite, and cooking up some tasty deer meat and corn on the cob. The weather was fantastic, and the water flow kept us moving right along. Here is a link to the GPS tracking (overhead view of trip that includes the hike to the waterfall), it also has about 30 pictures as well.

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewT...e-44c79ef8c5e3

Thanks again to the Jims for including me.

Mike D (FifthPig)
Fifthpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #12
onbohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthpig View Post
Many thanks to "The Jims" (Reagle and Bozdog), very nice float indeed !
Jim R did a fine job establishing our shuttle, determining our route, picking our campsite, and cooking up some tasty deer meat and corn on the cob. The weather was fantastic, and the water flow kept us moving right along. Here is a link to the GPS tracking (overhead view of trip that includes the hike to the waterfall), it also has about 30 pictures as well.

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewT...e-44c79ef8c5e3

Thanks again to the Jims for including me.

Mike D (FifthPig)

Great pictures, looks like a beautiful place to camp and "float".

That's a pretty cool site with the locations of where the pictures were taken. Is that a free app for your phone?
onbohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #13
jimbo

Very nice trip report Mike!
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #14
Fifthpig

That's a pretty cool site with the locations of where the pictures were taken. Is that a free app for your phone?[/QUOTE]

It's a free app that I found on http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/
it's called Trimble Outdoors Navigator. There is a free downloadable version. It'll sync with your phone and keep a log of all your trips (hike, bike, paddle...). It's a battery hog, so don't expect to use it for multi-day excursions unless you have the means to charge your phone (I get about 8-10 hrs per charge). But otherwise it's a pretty cool tool to play with. You can set waypoints with photos (video on the paid version !!) and it records various stats that it charts and reports on as well... You'll probably need to register with Trimble Outdoors website (free) in order to create a "Dashboard"... but once you have it, thats where all your data is stored. (email me if you have any questions).
Fifthpig is offline   Reply With Quote