Old 07-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #11
mikecossack

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I had an awesome time yesterday I learned a good lesson never leave your keys unhooked ,got a replacement to also went and bought a drybag lol everyone was super nice thanks for the great time
mikecossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #12
mfdanko99

Mike, Glade to hear you had a good time and that everything worked ok for you. I sure hope we see you again.

Now I know were my paddle went, Ray if you don't mind I can swing by after work and pick it up some time

Mike
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #13
mfdanko99

Talking Mahoning River Review

On July 24th the TCT took on the Mahoning River threw Youngstown to Loweville Ohio.
The Shuttle took a little longer than I hoped, but part of it was my fault for the way I went as we hit every red light in downtown Youngstown. But everyone stayed together and flashed there head lights when needed to let the person know in front of them to slow down or stop. It really worked out great and a BIG thank you to the drivers for working together.
Once we were in the water we had 19 Kayaks & one great Canoe (John Paul). We had a blast at Marshall Street Bridge as Chuck, John Paul & I went first to get pictures and so I can practice the throw bag. We only had two spills at this point. This were I learned my throw bag tosses needs lots of work. I wasn?t even close to the people, but the water was really forgiving and they swam to shore.
I learned you need to throw it under hand and not like a football.
Then the second set rapids is by the cement plant and we all made it threw with out a problem except when Mike went threw a second time. He lost his keys, but every thing worked out for him in the end, and he learn a hard but good lesson.
We had some trouble at the last set of rapids, as we has two spill that caused people to stop above the rapid, and then we had one more spill as they waited, Debra flip over and she made it out just fine and got back to shore, I walked back up shore and got Crash out of the water and handed him of to John Paul in the canoe while Chuck got the Kayak free.
After that it was smooth sailing to the Industrial Street bridge were we had a nice shaded lunch.
The group split up from here; about six went with Chuck to walk around the damn that includes a hike up a steep hill and the back down the hill. I heard they has some excitement during there reentry.
The rest of us used Chucks trailer and drove around then walk about 50 yards across a bridge down stream were we all meet back up. From there it was a nice ride with some nice current down to Loweville.
It was a great run with lots of thrills, and tons of heat. But we can, we saw ,and we conquered the Mahoning River.
Thank You to all who helped!!!!
Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote